8 Posts

Batman: Gotham City Chronicles» Forums » Rules

Subject: Is all mission information available for heroes? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alfonso Planas Guerrero
Spain
flag msg tools
I think it is, but I came from other games and it was not.
So, the deployment token, posible event tile info and everything else is known to the hero side?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Freeman
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
I don't see any reason why not, but AFAIK there's nothing specific in the rulebook either way.

It's going to make things significantly harder for the heroes if they don't know what they're doing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfonso Planas Guerrero
Spain
flag msg tools
Not what to do, but only know end game conditions, so they don not where the enemies can appear or what the event tile does.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Labrecque
msg tools
mb
My understanding is that everyone knows everything. It's not a story based game and the scenarios are made to be played multiple times with different hero parties (most of the time). There is nothing to spoil because there is no story campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tony berart
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
Every information are shared in this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AGN1964 AGN1964
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
There is nothing to spoil because there is no story campaign.

Unfortunately it is not true that there is "nothing to spoil". For example, the second mission, you open the safe to learn the location of the drug sample.

If the mission information is open, some of the heroes can move towards the drug sample location before the safe is opened. If the mission information is hidden, then they do not know where to go until the safe is open. Obviously getting into position is better for the heroes.

Given that the mission has tight time constraints, it is important to play the scenario correctly.

(We played that all information is known to all players. It's very odd for this one scenario, but I think it's correct.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Labrecque
msg tools
mb
AGN1964 wrote:
Quote:
There is nothing to spoil because there is no story campaign.

Unfortunately it is not true that there is "nothing to spoil". For example, the second mission, you open the safe to learn the location of the drug sample.

If the mission information is open, some of the heroes can move towards the drug sample location before the safe is opened. If the mission information is hidden, then they do not know where to go until the safe is open. Obviously getting into position is better for the heroes.

Given that the mission has tight time constraints, it is important to play the scenario correctly.

(We played that all information is known to all players. It's very odd for this one scenario, but I think it's correct.)

When reading through the lens of Monolith's intent of no hidden information, maybe Batman, Detective Supreme, already had the intel about the safe holding the storage location of the serum barrel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Wayne
msg tools
The first scenario we've chosen is Silence.

I don't plan on telling the heroes that Jason Todd is actually Clayface. Can't wait to see their reactions.

First game starts tomorrow night!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.