5 Posts

Fatal Alliances: The Great War» Forums » Rules

Subject: Partisan cavalry rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Risto Marjomaa
Finland
flag msg tools
Does anyone know how we are supposed to handle the few cavalry units among the partisans? Are they to be mixed with the infantry and picked randomly? If so, why does the vassal version of the game have a separate box for partisan cavalry? Also, it does seem a bit far fetched to have insurgents running a cavalry formations in countries like, say Finland, my home country, whereas cavalry should be the partisan unit of choice in places like Hedjaz in the Arabian peninsula. Is there an errata covering this somewhere?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think there is an errata. The CAV partisans are just in the pool with all the other partisans available to be randomly selected; the vassal module having the separate spot is a mistake.

I wouldn't think of them as being cavalry formations. If partisans using horses in Finland bugs you, think of them as using snow skis! The only difference really is the extra movement points...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Ramarro Calibano
Italy
Brescia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, that Partisans units are nominally "cavalry" units, but it's just a generalization: the only thing that really matter is their movement rate and the fact that they can advance after a succesfully combat without "flipping".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hattori Hanzo wrote:
yes, that Partisans units are nominally "cavalry" units, but it's just a generalization: the only thing that really matter is their movement rate and the fact that they can advance after a succesfully combat without "flipping".

Oh, I didn't think about the advance-after-combat thing.

NOT that partisans advance after combat very much anyway!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Ramarro Calibano
Italy
Brescia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
Hattori Hanzo wrote:

Oh, I didn't think about the advance-after-combat thing.

NOT that partisans advance after combat very much anyway!

indeed the advance after combat of a Partisan unit it's only a theoretical possibility.. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.