Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

The Quacks of Quedlinburg» Forums » Rules

Subject: Last round simultaneous draw and blue chips from set 1 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I don't think the rulebook goes out of its way to specify this but how do you guys play the blue chips from set one in the last round? If you reveal a blue chip in your palm, do you get to draw 4 immediately and join back into the simultaneous draw having done it? Or should everyone else also place a chip if you've also placed one out of turn thanks to the blues?

So far I've done it the first way (so you got to place a chip out of turn, immediately) but if you draw a lot of blues that chain into one another you essentially get ahead by quite a lot and it's sort of a drawback. I'm not sure I like that, to be honest. Mandrakes from set one are sort of the opposite. Since you have a chance to put cherry bombs back into the bag sometimes, you end up benefitting greatly from the simultaneous draw.

I know it's not a huge deal, I'm just not sure what would be the best way to go about it. So how do you guys do it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"Drewbacca"
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As you mentioned, you would place the blue chip with everyone else then before everyone draws their next chips, you would pull the required additional chips, place one (if desired) then put them back in the bag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fully resolving the blue chip is pretty much the only way to handle it. If you really don't want it to accelerate you in front of the others, you aren't forced to place a chip, so you could simply place all the chips you drew back in the bag even when you have a good one to place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanks for the input, guys! I guess that's just how it is, then. You're right in that nobody's forced to place the chips.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Pugh
United Kingdom
LEEDS
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We've always just paused the round until the blue chips, or any others that work in similar ways, are fully resolved.

Is it that much of a problem to wait a few seconds? Are you a generally impatient group? How pressed for time are you guys?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.