Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jakub
Czech Republic
Olomouc
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Discussion - Day 8 Promo - Interplanetary Trade

I think it will be a red "project" (event) card What do you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RyuSora
Brazil
Sao Paulo
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably will interact with colonies.

Edit: wrong
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Magalhães
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe a blue card that has an action to decrease one colony and increase other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Sawler
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wrote about this in a previous post, but I'm hoping it gives you one of your colony bonuses when you play a particular tag, either Venus, Earth, or Jovian.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Couch
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cost 27
Green card
Space tag
Gain 1 MC production for each different tag you have in play.
1 VP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Cowlin
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robo Fish wrote:
Cost 27
Green card
Space tag
1 VP

So it's basically Aridor.

On the one hand that makes Aridor even weaker as any player can mimic their ability in a single card.

On the other hand this works well with Aridor. With Aridor you will already be trying to play multiple different tags so wait till you've played about 10 different tags and play this card and it's like 10 extra production without having to really work for it.

The card also doesn't say including this tag so I assume the titanium tag on the card does not count. Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Card counts always own tags as it’s already in play before it’s effect is activated

And Aridor is better, as it gives the income early and with that you need to decide, playing now to get the income faster or waiting to get more tags out first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RyuSora
Brazil
Sao Paulo
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bohdominator wrote:
Robo Fish wrote:
Cost 27
Green card
Space tag
1 VP

On the one hand that makes Aridor even weaker as any player can mimic their ability in a single card.

The card also doesn't say including this tag so I assume the titanium tag on the card does not count. Any thoughts?

There are some cards that mimic a corp ability. (teractor, inventrix, IC)

This is just an early text of the card, it will include its own tag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Couch
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reflecting on this, its an awful lot to spend if you don't have a titanium surplus. How many tags are you going to need to get a return on investment before the game ends? I think that 6 tags is doable by the early game, and 8 by the end of the mid game. It's dubious that you will see 30 back (27+3) by the end of the game, making this an VP with a long payoff. Good, but not as great as other things for Banker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Cowlin
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ryusora wrote:
Bohdominator wrote:
Robo Fish wrote:
Cost 27
Green card
Space tag
1 VP

Yeah I know I think Inventrix is weak aswell. Actually even more so than Aridor at least with Aridor and this card the effects stack so you can benefit from both cards. It sucks if a player plays a card in Gen 1 that basically makes them do everything your Corp already does.

This card is cool though and I do like it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M F
msg tools
Bohdominator wrote:
ryusora wrote:
Bohdominator wrote:
Robo Fish wrote:
Cost 27
Green card
Space tag
1 VP

Yeah I know I think Inventrix is weak aswell. Actually even more so than Aridor at least with Aridor and this card the effects stack so you can benefit from both cards. It sucks if a player plays a card in Gen 1 that basically makes them do everything your Corp already does.

There's no reason Inventrix and the tech card wouldn't stack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Cowlin
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lidhuin wrote:
Bohdominator wrote:
ryusora wrote:
Bohdominator wrote:
Robo Fish wrote:
Cost 27
Green card
Space tag
1 VP

There's no reason Inventrix and the tech card wouldn't stack.

Do they? We have been playing that wrong all this time then lol ooops.

I always thought the 2+/-2 on requirements for cards never stacked I dont know why really. It's just the way we've always played. So potentially you could have +4/-4 then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Bohdominator wrote:

I always thought the 2+/-2 on requirements for cards never stacked I dont know why really. It's just the way we've always played. So potentially you could have +4/-4 then?

Yes, and yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RyuSora
Brazil
Sao Paulo
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, inventrix ability do stack (and this ability also counts for venus).

+2/-2 is ok, i can hardly use it, but when you go +4/-4 things can get bonkers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Cowlin
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WBuchanan wrote:
Bohdominator wrote:

Yes, and yes.

Well no wonder we never liked playing as inventrix we had accidentally nerfed it. We will have to start playing it properly now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Lacroix
France
Grenoble
flag msg tools
mbmb
ryusora wrote:
Yeah, inventrix ability do stack (and this ability also counts for venus).

+2/-2 is ok, i can hardly use it, but when you go +4/-4 things can get bonkers.

You can even go +6/-6 with the corresponding event card, which is rather nice to play animal cards far more early that should be possible, and gain many points^^.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G K
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Robo Fish wrote:
Reflecting on this, its an awful lot to spend if you don't have a titanium surplus. How many tags are you going to need to get a return on investment before the game ends? I think that 6 tags is doable by the early game, and 8 by the end of the mid game. It's dubious that you will see 30 back (27+3) by the end of the game, making this an VP with a long payoff. Good, but not as great as other things for Banker.

This pairs with some combo of wilds, Arridor, chasing Diversifier early, or heavy space discounts mid to late game.

Another question is how does this pair with wild tags? Obviously if you have all three(?) wild tags and you're missing animal, microbe and plant, you could assign them to those three tags for this card. But let's say you've already gotten this card to [10MC] naturally and you have wild tags - can you assign the wilds to brand new tags like Rock, Paper and Scissors to hit 13?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Parker
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that in this case you’d have to assign your Wild Tags to be a certain tag. And if you already have every tag type represented, then your Wild Tag couldn’t be anything except what you already have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RyuSora
Brazil
Sao Paulo
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CenozoicMatt wrote:
I think that in this case you’d have to assign your Wild Tags to be a certain tag. And if you already have every tag type represented, then your Wild Tag couldn’t be anything except what you already have.

Yeah, this is my opinion too.

BUUUUUUUUT, what if you are not playing with venus expansion. Can a wild tag be a venus tag?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CenozoicMatt wrote:

The Wild tag can be any tag of your choice when you take an action, there's noting to say that you have to already have one of the type you choose.

Edit: but not Rock, Paper, scissors etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveD wrote:
CenozoicMatt wrote:

The Wild tag can be any tag of your choice when you take an action, there's noting to say that you have to already have one of the type you choose.
thats not the question, it’s can you choose a tag that doesn’t exist (or is part of only an expansion)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack Spirio wrote:
DaveD wrote:
CenozoicMatt wrote:

thats not the question, it’s can you choose a tag that doesn’t exist (or is part of only an expansion)

That wasn't what I was replying to. The post I quote makes no mention of Venus. That said I now see that the post was responding to using it as something not in the game which I don't think you can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveD wrote:
Jack Spirio wrote:
DaveD wrote:
CenozoicMatt wrote:

That wasn't what I was replying to. The post I quote makes no mention of Venus. That said I now see that the post was responding to using it as something not in the game which I don't think you can.

but no one ever stated that what you said
everyone knows that the tag can be anything, but if I already have all the tags which exists in the game, I can only choose that which I already have

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G K
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Jack Spirio wrote:
DaveD wrote:
CenozoicMatt wrote:

Yes. I think this is the first time you'd specifically want the wild tag to be "any tag I don't already have" even if you already have a (near) full set of tags. Other times that you'd need it, you'd care exactly tag it is, or wouldn't need it if you had 8 natural tags.

I think Matt's probably right, but I don't think we have precedence to draw from.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Couch
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been wondering about wild tags myself. There is one obvious candidate for a wild tag to target - the event tag. It's certainly in the game, but you will not have it in play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.