Subject: Viticulture Upgrade Kit vs. Tuscany EE rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Poon
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Hey friends! My apologies if this question has been asked before -- I did some digging on the forums and wasn't able to find the precise answer to my question.

I have Viticulture 2nd Edition, but would like to update my copy to Viticulture EE. I understand that I can get the upgrade kit, but I saw somewhere that the components offered in the upgrade are the exact same as offered in Tuscany. What's not clear to me is whether this is referring to the original Tuscany or Tuscany EE? I'm interested in the Tuscany expansion, so should I just buy Tuscany EE instead? Am I missing out on something unless I buy the upgrade kit?

Thanks in advance for the advice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a listing on the Stonemaier website detailing what is in each of the different versions- I think you would need original Tuscany to upgrade to Viti EE plus Tuscany EE and then you would have some extra stuff that was trimmed out of the EE versions (but is available as PnP)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Poon
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Thanks for the quick reply! I have seen that infograph on the Stonemaier website, but it doesn't list Tuscany EE in any of the main columns as a way to "have everything." Tuscany EE is listed in its own separate little box, so it's unclear whether or not the upgrade kit is necessary if you own Tuscany EE.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hogue
United States
Belleville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
morethanjustmonopoly wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply! I have seen that infograph on the Stonemaier website, but it doesn't list Tuscany EE in any of the main columns as a way to "have everything." Tuscany EE is listed in its own separate little box, so it's unclear whether or not the upgrade kit is necessary if you own Tuscany EE.

Tuscany EE has three additions to the game:
1) The extended board with four seasons/wooden star map
2) Special workers
3) Structure cards

If you are looking to add Mamas/Papas, New/Advanced Visitors, etc.. you will not find them in Tuscany EE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn George
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Open your eyes...
mbmbmbmbmb
Your path to getting everything in print would be to get the Essential Edition upgrade pack, and Tuscany EE, plus the Moor Visitors and Rhine Valley expansions if you like.

There is no overlap in content between the upgrade pack and Tuscany EE.

Now, there is other content you could consider getting, like the Special Worker promo pack available on MeepleSource, the Arboriculture and Formaggio modules (from the original Tuscany expansion) available through Print and Play Games, and the metal lira coins available through a variety of retailers. But I'd stick to the "official" expansions listed above first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Poon
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Thanks, Shawn and Eric! Your explanations make a lot more sense than what I was finding online.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.