Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Curtis
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay - I have a Gambler that has the ability: When you gain Grit also gain 1 Fortune

Now I am going up the tree that allows me to :Spend 1 Grit to gain 1 fortune or reverse (Spend 1 fortune to Gain 1 Grit).

Rules question - is this not an instant Grit and Fortune replenishment every turn? Start with 1 Fortune, Spend to gain 1 Grit, regain the Fortune and spend it again to gain another Grit - regaining the Fortune...

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jee Fu
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wystan wrote:
Okay - I have a Gambler that has the ability: When you gain Grit also gain 1 Fortune

Now I am going up the tree that allows me to :Spend 1 Grit to gain 1 fortune or reverse (Spend 1 fortune to Gain 1 Grit).

Rules question - is this not an instant Grit and Fortune replenishment every turn? Start with 1 Fortune, Spend to gain 1 Grit, regain the Fortune and spend it again to gain another Grit - regaining the Fortune...

Thoughts?

It sounds like you're referring to Blow for Luck, which is limited to Once Per Turn. So yes you can do this, but only once per Turn. You can't just go up to Max Grit/Fortune whenever you like.

Incidentally, there is a rumor going around that the other ability you mentioned - the Starting Upgrade that gives you Fortune when you gain Grit - is going to be errata'ed; it also will be limited to Once Per Turn (tho it isn't currently).

- Jee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Curtis
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still a powerful combination - even with both limiters...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Zaccardi
United States
Coral Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Inspector Jee wrote:

Incidentally, there is a rumor going around that the other ability you mentioned - the Starting Upgrade that gives you Fortune when you gain Grit - is going to be errata'ed...

Jee, you once again provide almost prescient rules readings. I am grateful for this. <Makes offering at the Temple of Jee>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jee Fu
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zaccardi wrote:
Inspector Jee wrote:

Incidentally, there is a rumor going around that the other ability you mentioned - the Starting Upgrade that gives you Fortune when you gain Grit - is going to be errata'ed...

Jee, you once again provide almost prescient rules readings. I am grateful for this. <Makes offering at the Temple of Jee>

Offer accepted! You have gained the Blessing of Jee (all this does is make my cat come find your brimstone collection and hide inside it, preparing to strike. you have been warned).

But seriously, 'tis only a rumor. But it's a good house rule even if nothing comes of it. There are some epicly overpowered combos out there with that Starting Upgrade + some well-used Tricks.

- Jee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
You need the AMULET OF CHEESE to thwart the cat:

https://videosift.com/video/How-to-nullify-a-cat
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls