Serohs Nightblade
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
I have been eyeing this game awhile, but missed out on the 1E kickstarter and before they started printing extras. I do not keep up with all the changes or happenings with board games as I would like. Not because of lack of interest. It is quite the opposite. Just life gets in the way.

Anyway Was browsing games again and was happy to find out they had a 2nd printing of this, and I ordered one up. I am already planning on getting Dark Tales, and am quite aware of the new kickstarter also. I am soon to be starting a play thru with my son and had a questions on a few "extras" out there.

I see on GBG's website there are all these extra cards and things. As far as miniatures, etc... I will probably grab a few when they get them in stock. Those are more bling than needed.

With the edition I have. the 2E do I need to purchase any of the decks they have separate listed as "missing"? Or was that only for the 1st edition?

I know stuff like the recipies, and crafting are add-ons, or do they come with Dark Tales? More on that question. If they are not part of Dark Tales, would you recommend them for the core game?

I guess I could sum it up with one question. Regarding all the extra stuff that is out there. For the 2E core game. Are there cards or other items that I need that is not part of that box? I.E. that cards listed as "missing", etc... on GBG's website for sale.

Thanks!

P.S. I already have looked at a couple other threads on here with some recommendations, etc... W@hat is confusing for me is mainly the "missing" cards. Unless I have totally fubar'd my searching I cannot as of yet understand if that was something that happened with the 1st printing and was fixed (added to the 2nd edition). My copy should be here today (fingers crossed).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gazery Pooh

Keighley
West Yorkshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The missing cards pack refers to some missing cards that should have been in the Equipment Pack add on. If you buy an Equipment Pack from GBG, you will also need the missing cards pack. They have created a complete Equipment Pack, which is listed as Equipment Pack (remastered).

Hope this helps with regards to the missing cards pack.

Gazery

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serohs Nightblade
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Exactly what my extra long drawn out post was looking for!

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Chalfont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Missing Equipment Card pack on the Greenbriar website also includes the majority of the promo cards they have released.

Acrobat Promo Card
Faery Wisp Promo Card
Giant Scorpion Promo Card
Huntress Promo Card
Shield-Maiden Promo Card
Soothsayer Promo Card
Spectral Fox Promo Card
Transformed Sage Promo Card
Shadow Lord

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Chalfont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a ton of product listed in the Greenbriar site, so easy to get a bit confused figuring out what is what.

This was a list of all the expansions that add game play material that I made up when I was figuring out what I wanted to buy. Also, includes what editions seem to be in stock right now.

GNEFL31 Folklore: The Affliction -- 2nd Edition
GNEFL32 Dark Tales -- 2nd Edition
GNEFL03 World Event -- 1st Edition
GNEFL04 Crafting & Recipes -- 2nd Edition
GNEFL39 Equipment Pack -- 1st Edition
GNEFL35 Adventure Creation Kit -- 1st Edition
GNEFL42 Missing Card Pack for Equipment Pack -- 1st Edition
GNEFL40 AME, Corrupted Affliction Pack (Contains cards and mini) -- 1st Edition

Accessories (Probably not complete)
GNEFL10 Session/Encounter Record Pads
GENFL11 Character Record Pads
GENFL12 Player Mat
GENFL13 Oversized World Map
GNEFL34 Talisman of Kremel (Coin & Dice Bag)
GNEFL41 Tracker Card Pack -- 5 Pack

Miniatures
GNEFL33 Miniature Box Set
GNEFL05 Ghost Miniatures
GNEFL08 Terrain Miniatures
GNEFL09 Colossal Dark Oak

Also, the buzz around the boards is that the miniature Terrain pack is discontinued. So if interested in the minis you may want to snag that now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serohs Nightblade
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Thanks for the heads up about the terrain pack!

Yeah that was the thing. It was confusing. Seeing that there was a missing pack of cards. I wanted to know if it was just something missing from 1E, and would be included in the 2E edition, or if missing from both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Chalfont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Talason wrote:
Thanks for the heads up about the terrain pack!

Yeah that was the thing. It was confusing. Seeing that there was a missing pack of cards. I wanted to know if it was just something missing from 1E, and would be included in the 2E edition, or if missing from both.

It took me a while and some forum digging to figure it all out. All the 1st Edition Equipment Card packs are missing cards. I believe they have said that the 2nd Edition Equipment Card pack will be complete. As far as I know that is being printed as part of the current 3rd Kickstarter which just ended.

So if you want the Equipment pack now, get the missing card pack before they are gone. If you wait until it is reprinted then you don't need to worry about it.

Nothing else you can buy has any "fix" decks available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James W
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The equipment pack has the special gear each class can buy that’s in their booklets. The original intent was for that info to go onto written character sheets. If you’re embracing your inner RPGer, the cards are not needed but many people (myself included) wanted cards to match the rest of the equipment cards (even if a significant amount of info is stored on character sheets).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Senn
United States
Fort Lauderdale
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why do some random add-ons say 2E or 1E?

Like "Folklore 2E: Adventure Creation Kit, Story, & Bookmark"
or
"Folklore 2E: Story Teller Screen (4-panel)"

Are they telling me this is only compatible to 2Ed core game?

Or are they saying this item is updated to 2nd E. so as to reflect errata and ease of use?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zee Parks
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Grove123 wrote:
Why do some random add-ons say 2E or 1E?

Like "Folklore 2E: Adventure Creation Kit, Story, & Bookmark"
or
"Folklore 2E: Story Teller Screen (4-panel)"

Are they telling me this is only compatible to 2Ed core game?

Or are they saying this item is updated to 2nd E. so as to reflect errata and ease of use?

All 2E means mostly is that it was printed in the 2nd kickstarter print run. Their was some rule changes in 2nd printing, but the underlying system is still basically the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.