England
Darwen
Lancashire
flag msg tools
Terraforming and making wine
badge
Mainly Solo with games for sale!
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted these comments to the Kickstarter page but thought some might have ideas here on BGG:-

“Just looking at the Player Mat and deciding whether to go for it. A couple of thoughts on the design.

1. The space where the civ card deck is placed would be better if differentiated from the other spaces.

2. The 3 spaces where the standard action board starts would be less intrusive if just marked with a dotted line. This would show that it’s not a permanent position for the board during the game.”

If the design is already finalised then this may be a pointless exercise but if not, it would be good to have some input.

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Lenn
msg tools
Chris Dorrell wrote:
I posted these comments to the Kickstarter page but thought some might have ideas here on BGG:-

“Just looking at the Player Mat and deciding whether to go for it. A couple of thoughts on the design.

1. The space where the civ card deck is placed would be better if differentiated from the other spaces.

2. The 3 spaces where the standard action board starts would be less intrusive if just marked with a dotted line. This would show that it’s not a permanent position for the board during the game.”

If the design is already finalised then this may be a pointless exercise but if not, it would be good to have some input.

Chris

1. Actually there is a slight difference, if you look closely: civ card slots have a space for bonus coins. Civ card deck slot does not have.

2. i agree on this with you.

Actually there are more design elements in the game which would need to be improved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dorrell
England
Darwen
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thomas,

Your Point 1: I may be looking at an out of date image or just not seeing the difference between the civ card slots. I’m referring to this image from the Kickstarter Page:-

Your Point 2: It would be good to get some feedback from the designer/publisher, don’t you think?

Thanks for the the response.
Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Lenn
msg tools
1. Yes, i can see the difference. Above the civ card slot there is space for bonus coins - i marked it with red circle for your convenience. Above civ card deck there is nothing. But yes, it could be more emphasized, for example with bigger space between the deck and cards.

2. Yes, good idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dorrell
England
Darwen
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blushshake
Now I see what you mean - well spotted.

So all we need is a tweak to the way the 3 space standard action board track is shown.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Lenn
msg tools
Chris Dorrell wrote:
blushshake

So all we need is a tweak to the way the 3 space standard action board track is shown.

well, the scoreboard could be tweaked, too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dorrell
England
Darwen
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
qetuol wrote:
Chris Dorrell wrote:
blushshake

well, the scoreboard could be tweaked, too

What do you think needs changing on the scoreboard?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Lenn
msg tools
please refer to the suggestions thread here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/31571331#31571331

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dorrell
England
Darwen
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In that thread you suggest a very sensible change to the in game scoreboard. I don’t see any suggestions for improving the PlayerMat scoring track, which is what this thread is about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Lenn
msg tools
correct, I was talking about scoreboard,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.