United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmb
BGG.Spring is excited to bring back the Storage Sale for Charity for the 2019 convention!

As the main BGG Library collection continues to grow and change, retired games are moved to the Storage collection. Storage has a great mix of oldies but goodies and duplicates of the main collection. Unfortunately, storage space continues to be limited so at BGG.Spring, we will offer opportunities for attendees to purchase some of our excess inventory!

The fine print
Games for sale will be displayed on tables in the Innovation Ballroom, and access to the room each day will be handled much like the BGG Bazaar.

•All sales are AS IS. - We are not inventorying the contents of the games prior to the sale.
•CASH ONLY!
•All proceeds will be donated to Cafe Momentum.

When can I buy these games?
Saturday, 1pm - 3pm (Innovation Ballroom)
Sunday, 1pm - 3pm (Innovation Ballroom)

For anyone concerned that we're selling everything.
We are not selling our entire Storage collection. We still plan to hold onto some items to reintroduce them to the library when we have more space in 2019.

What is Cafe Momentum?
Café Momentum, a Dallas-based restaurant and culinary training facility, transforms young people’s lives by providing a positive environment in which at-risk youth who have spent time in juvenile facilities receive intensive culinary, job and life-skill training, as well as continued mentorship and support, enabling them to achieve their full potential.

As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit restaurant, Café Momentum teaches critical skills that allow youth to apply what they have been taught in pre-release programs in a safe, real-world environment of nurturing accountability. By participating in the program, at-risk young men and women rotate through every aspect of the restaurant from waiting tables to washing dishes, while working side-by-side with established chefs.

More info here: http://cafemomentum.org/

What games will you be selling?
We are selling a portion of the games in our BGG Storage - you can peruse the collection here: https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/BGG%20Storage. However, we are only bringing some of the games to the show, so while there is a *chance* that the game you are interested will be there - we can't guarantee it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Hellyer
United States
Aurora
Illinois
flag msg tools
I'm not clear .. is this on site somewhere, or an online sale?

Thanks,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff morales
United States
Near Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Lets Eat!
badge
I also live
mbmbmbmbmb
The sale is onsite at BGG Spring in one of the big conference rooms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris May
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Feeling lucky punk? Well, do ya?
mbmbmbmbmb
What kind of price are we talking here? Just curious as I determine my available budget.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Kuhlman
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If we were to bring a few of our games to donate to the sale for charity, would that be ok? I promise they aren't junk we're looking to get rid of; shockingly, we're running out of space too and this would be a good opportunity to cull some lesser-played games since we'll be there anyway.

It's ok if the answer is no, and we'd be willing to take back any unsold games (or honestly find someone to give them away to if needed for luggage space).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Freitas
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chrisgmay wrote:
What kind of price are we talking here? Just curious as I determine my available budget.

I believe almost everything was 10 dollars, some select titles were put up for 20. But you were limited to how many titles you could buy each time through the line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmb
Chrisgmay wrote:

Probably $10 per game - with a few special games for higher dollar amounts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmb
Dkuhlman wrote:
If we were to bring a few of our games to donate to the sale for charity, would that be ok? I promise they aren't junk we're looking to get rid of; shockingly, we're running out of space too and this would be a good opportunity to cull some lesser-played games since we'll be there anyway.

It's ok if the answer is no, and we'd be willing to take back any unsold games (or honestly find someone to give them away to if needed for luggage space).

I think that should be fine. Just track me down on Friday so we can get the games into the group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:

We are selling a portion of the games in our BGG Storage - you can peruse the collection here: https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/BGG%20Storage. However, we are only bringing some of the games to the show, so while there is a *chance* that the game you are interested will be there - we can't guarantee it.

You really have over 6000 games IN STORAGE from the library? Yeah, that can definitely be culled to probably a few hundred without anyone actually missing something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Al-Tahan
United States
El Paso
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
If there's a specific game that I wanted yall to bring to the sale from the collection am I able to request that somewhere? There's a game I want in the collection but I don't believe it has much of a chance of being brought out unless someone asks lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmb
mechanikjoe wrote:
If there's a specific game that I wanted yall to bring to the sale from the collection am I able to request that somewhere? There's a game I want in the collection but I don't believe it has much of a chance of being brought out unless someone asks lol

Sure - toss out the names. I can't promise anything, but if it works out that we can bring it we will.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dkuhlman wrote:

You can always toss games into the Virtual Flea Market and donate what doesn't sale.

When they did the charity sale last year, the vast majority of the items available sold by the end of the con. The price went in a descending manner and was only $1-2 per game at the end. People will take all kinds of chances for that small amount. What was left was given away after the closing ceremonies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Nathan
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
motoyugota wrote:
Aldie wrote:

You really have over 6000 games IN STORAGE from the library? Yeah, that can definitely be culled to probably a few hundred without anyone actually missing something.

only one person
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Al-Tahan
United States
El Paso
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Snifty Snakes! lol We would give it a wonderful home
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clem Fandango
New Zealand
WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
Stephen, it's Clem Fandango. Can you hear me?
badge
YES I can hear you Clem Fandango!
mbmbmbmbmb
ikiru wrote:

Bugger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Ramos
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cafe Momentum is my type of cause I wouldn't mind supporting. Where is this sale located at?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff morales
United States
Near Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Lets Eat!
badge
I also live
mbmbmbmbmb
Jramos19912 wrote:
Cafe Momentum is my type of cause I wouldn't mind supporting. Where is this sale located at?

ikiru wrote:

Dallas is nice this time of year!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Alan Rushing
United States
Mount Vernon
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last year the games got cheaper each day of the sale ($10, then $5, then $2, if I remember correctly). Will that still be the case this year even though the event only happens 2 days instead of 3 days?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmb
GamerforGod wrote:
Last year the games got cheaper each day of the sale ($10, then $5, then $2, if I remember correctly). Will that still be the case this year even though the event only happens 2 days instead of 3 days?

My lips are sealed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Alan Rushing
United States
Mount Vernon
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:
GamerforGod wrote:

My lips are sealed.

I was wondering why it got so quiet in here. lol. Sounds good to me!!!! lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Norman
United Kingdom
Brighouse
England
flag msg tools
Do they ever have these sales in the UK ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Hellyer
United States
Aurora
Illinois
flag msg tools
Interesting, thanks, Jeff M. I'm still not sure what city, but at least I know now it's not on line and probably not in Chicago. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff morales
United States
Near Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Lets Eat!
badge
I also live
mbmbmbmbmb
PlayMe1 wrote:
Interesting, thanks, Jeff M. I'm still not sure what city, but at least I know now it's not on line and probably not in Chicago. Thanks!

ikiru wrote:
Jramos19912 wrote:

ikiru wrote:

Dallas is nice this time of year!

The sale is in Dallas TX, USA, during the BGG Spring Convention, in one of the big conference rooms. 😀
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim MacKenzie
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dawnwatcher57 wrote:
Do they ever have these sales in the UK ?

No. The games live in Dallas, USA so that's where the sales are held. I imagine a ticket from LHR/LGW to DFW isn't that terrible, though - you should come to BGG.Spring one year. We drive down from prairie Canada.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ANTHONY HELLER
United States
CHICAGO
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
looks like cash only in Dallas, TX at the Innovation Ballroom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.