Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John LaRuffa
United States
Hudsonville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, pray for us!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don’t think this was really covered anywhere, but when I looked at the kickstarter, the solo spoke of new bots, but that they were only compatible with the base game. Since I have played this solo several times (base game) but never with other players, does that mean that this expansion will be useless to me except for the inclusion of the new bots?

Thanks in advance for the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
See the KS update about solo play, which links to Dávid's design diary about the bot, and the changes being made for this expansion - including solo support for Fractures of Time, and stretch goals covering solo play for the older expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Tuzzi
Italy
Milan
Lombardy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What Nick said.
Basically the new expansion will contain a rework of the original bot, which then again is only compatible with the base game, and the Chronossus, which is a new modular bot that can be made compatible with Fractures of Time or any previous module (Doomsday, Pioneers, Guardians) with removable tiles and has selectable difficulty levels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So to summarize: FoT is the exact opposite of a useless for solo expansion. It's the quintessential solo expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charl van Niekerk
Canada
Wainfleet
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
LOL, love it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stijn Lamers
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be getting this game for solo play only (not considering the odd game I might play this multiplayer, but they'll be very limited) and giving every solo mode a thorough review.

I have been watching Nick's videos over the weekend and love the Chronobot 1.1! Can't wait to see what Chronossus will do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stijnhoofd wrote:
I will be getting this game for solo play only (not considering the odd game I might play this multiplayer, but they'll be very limited) and giving every solo mode a thorough review.

I have been watching Nick's videos over the weekend and love the Chronobot 1.1! Can't wait to see what Chronossus will do.

Nick's gameplay videos show Chronossus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stijn Lamers
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, after I posted I figured that it probably was the Chronossus. Chronossus only works with Fractures of Time, right?

In that case I'll adjust my previous statement:
Can't wait to see what Chronobot 1.1 will do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Catley
United Kingdom
Hull
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Tootzo wrote:
What Nick said.
Basically the new expansion will contain a rework of the original bot, which then again is only compatible with the base game, and the Chronossus, which is a new modular bot that can be made compatible with Fractures of Time or any previous module (Doomsday, Pioneers, Guardians) with removable tiles and has selectable difficulty levels.

I understood there were no plans to make it compatible with Doomsday, just Pioneers and Guardians.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Stijnhoofd wrote:
Yeah, after I posted I figured that it probably was the Chronossus. Chronossus only works with Fractures of Time, right?

It's actually compatible with the basegame, and some of the previous expansions (can't vouch they'll all be supported)[/q]

Stijnhoofd wrote:
In that case I'll adjust my previous statement:
Can't wait to see what Chronobot 1.1 will do.

It's basically the same as 1.0, but with some balance tweaks to reduce the wide range of potential scoring it got. It's there so that players who know and love the original Chronobot, or those who want the simplicity of operating it, can still play it in this release (but still only supporting the base-game). Those who want a more interesting challenge, that also supports expansions, can use the Chronossus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John LaRuffa
United States
Hudsonville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, pray for us!
mbmbmbmbmb
TDaver wrote:
So to summarize: FoT is the exact opposite of a useless for solo expansion. It's the quintessential solo expansion.

Perfect! That is what I was asking for. Sorry if the useless comment came off a little harsh. Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To clarify what was asked after the OP:

Chronobot Omega (formerly known as 1.1): included in FoT. Works with base game only
Chronossus (formerly known as 2.0): included in FoT. Works with:
- base game only
- fractures
- doomsday (being playtested, for now the bot loses a bit too easily)
- pioneers (being playtested)
- guardians
- and possibly some combinations of the above, but that's not guaranteed yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Catley
United Kingdom
Hull
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
How does the Chronossus combine with Guardians practically? Do you have to use a player faction's exosuits to represent the Choronossus or Guardians?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moose Malloy wrote:
How does the Chronossus combine with Guardians practically? Do you have to use a player faction's exosuits to represent the Choronossus or Guardians?

The exact details is being discussed, but I'd say yes use a not-in-play faction's exosuits for the bot's and then you both use Guardians as Guardians.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Catley
United Kingdom
Hull
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
TDaver wrote:
The exact details is being discussed, but I'd say yes use a not-in-play faction's exosuits for the bot's and then you both use Guardians as Guardians.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burke Martin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to help playtest the bot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.