Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Fatula
United States
Blue Tent
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As you may know, there's been some confusion about the ordering process at Lumenaris (the publisher of Leaving Earth). If anyone here is trying to get a hold of someone at Lumenaris, I invite you to contact me, and I'll see if I can help you out. Here are a few ways to contact me:

1. reply to this thread
2. send me a private message on BGG
3. send me an email at joe3.fatula@lumenaris.com

For anyone who doesn't know me, I'm the designer of Leaving Earth. I work for Lumenaris doing designs and manufacturing. The owner of the company is my father (Dr. Joe Fatula), not me. I can look up some information about orders, but I don't have access to everything here at Lumenaris.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ku
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
"You can spend all your time making money / Or you can spend all your love making time."
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered Leaving Earth a few years ago, and everything went perfectly, questions were answered promptly, and the game arrived far more quickly than I could have reasonably expected!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lolo lolo
msg tools
hello joseph .impossible to have an answer on my order. I will just like to be given the time before delivery. so that I can organize myself to: either cancel my order or keep it ... I sent you an email.
thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hi Joe, I've sent you a PM as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fatula
United States
Blue Tent
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a current update, though I'm afraid it's not helpful.

My boss has not processed any orders since March 20th. I don't know when he will resume processing orders. The last I've heard is that he will probably be unavailable for a few more days, but I don't know for sure.

If you've placed an order since then, I can check that it's on our server, but I can't process it myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I received an email with a receipt, and I had ordered on March 24th, so that's a good sign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
campaign boardgame
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello and good afternoon,

I have spoken to Mary, who answers your phones, and she was unable to provide even this much information. I have emailed the company, you personally, and sent a message on BGG to you personally. Had I know this was the situation I would have told her to cancel my order when I had her on the phone!

I recognize you may not be able to cancel the order yourself, but there must be some way to contact someone at the company who has the authority to cancel the order. I would appreciate any help you could give.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fatula
United States
Blue Tent
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
chuckaknuckle wrote:
I received an email with a receipt, and I had ordered on March 24th, so that's a good sign.

JC, could you forward me that email (joe3.fatula@lumenaris.com)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
buffalohat wrote:
chuckaknuckle wrote:

JC, could you forward me that email (joe3.fatula@lumenaris.com)?

Sure thing, just forwarded it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Slate
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Hey, Joe

I ordered a few weeks back and received and email saying they were processing the order, but have yet to receive a receipt or anything else. Is there anything you can do to look into it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fatula
United States
Blue Tent
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ris747 wrote:
Hey, Joe

I ordered a few weeks back and received and email saying they were processing the order, but have yet to receive a receipt or anything else. Is there anything you can do to look into it?

Could you forward me the email (joe3.fatula@lumenaris.com) so I can check up on the details? My role is quite limited, but I hope to be able to figure out where exactly the order is held up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nim Chimpsky
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Joe. I'm going to PM you my contact info to see if there's a way you can check whether my order still exists.

I placed an order a couple weeks ago, but haven't heard anything since the initial confirmation email, and the pending charge on my card has since disappeared.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fatula
United States
Blue Tent
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Today's update:

We were expecting the boss to be here today to process orders, but I've just learned that he expects to be gone all week. Maybe we'll see him next week.

If you ordered since March 20th, we have not yet received your order at the shipping desk. By our usual procedures, that means your card shouldn't have been charged yet, but I'm not really sure what's going on with credit card charges at the moment. We do have plenty of games in stock, at least.

If you'd like to contact me, send me a private message here on BGG or email me at joe3.fatula@lumenaris.com. I can check whether your order was initially received by our server.

For anything beyond that, if you'd like to talk to my boss, you can email sales@lumenaris.com or call (408) 591-4034. I understand that they haven't been responding to emails or phone calls, but I'm not sure how to fix that.

I am very sorry to all of you who are having to deal with this problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam B.
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I ordered at the end of March. Sent the main sales @ Lumenaris e-mail a Q this morning asking if they knew if/when my card was going to be charged or if there was a general status of my order, and I just got a charge confirmation a few minutes ago.

So... progress! It's not a shipping confirmation, but at least charges are starting to go through again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fatula
United States
Blue Tent
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really confused. When my boss processes an order, the card is charged and we get a copy of the order emailed automatically for the shipping desk.

No orders have come through for shipping since March 20th. I don't know why customers are being charged, yet we're not getting orders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
buffalohat wrote:
I'm really confused. When my boss processes an order, the card is charged and we get a copy of the order emailed automatically for the shipping desk.

No orders have come through for shipping since March 20th. I don't know why customers are being charged, yet we're not getting orders.

I sincerely hope that those in charge are actually looking into these delays in orders and billing, because there is currently no way to actually get in touch with them in any reliable way. These are the kinds of scenarios that close businesses and get people in trouble.

My card was charged on May 1st from an order placed on March 24th. Today I received a copy of the invoice for my order.

All I can say is that I will happily take my business elsewhere for when I'm looking to buy a game. If Lumenaris can't seem to get it together for direct-to-consumer shipping, then maybe they need to go the pure distribution route and make their games available on sites like CoolStuffInc and Miniature Market.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fatula
United States
Blue Tent
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
chuckaknuckle wrote:
I sincerely hope that those in charge are actually looking into these delays in orders and billing, because there is currently no way to actually get in touch with them in any reliable way. These are the kinds of scenarios that close businesses and get people in trouble.

I agree completely. Unfortunately, in this case the people in charge are the people who handle orders and billing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fatula
United States
Blue Tent
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Today's update:

This morning my boss processed orders from April 4th and earlier. We're currently packing them up to ship out tomorrow morning.

I've been told that the boss intends to process more orders later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
campaign boardgame
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chuckaknuckle wrote:
These are the kinds of scenarios that close businesses and get people in trouble.

I agree that I'd like to see it get fixed, but there aren't clear rules about time to process orders in the USA. Maybe in some states, but not in Texas.

So while it may result in business closure, it won't get anyone in trouble. And so far as it goes, it hasn't closed them yet!

I'm guessing there is another revenue stream beyond online sales , heh.

Campaignboardgame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fatula
United States
Blue Tent
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
campaignboardgame wrote:

Technically, we do have a storefront here in Colfax, but it's a really quiet town. We used to do a lot of business at conventions, but we don't do those anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manning
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
buffalohat wrote:
campaignboardgame wrote:

Technically, we do have a storefront here in Colfax, but it's a really quiet town. We used to do a lot of business at conventions, but we don't do those anymore.

But hopefully you and Mary, and the other Lumenarians I have gotten to know over the years, will make out it to the Bay Area conventions once in a while, even if the company itself doesn't have a booth?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fatula
United States
Blue Tent
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
rmanning wrote:
But hopefully you and Mary, and the other Lumenarians I have gotten to know over the years, will make out it to the Bay Area conventions once in a while, even if the company itself doesn't have a booth?

I sure hope so. Hopefully by this fall I'll have found a job where I can take a few days off and head down to Pacificon, maybe have a rematch of Dune.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darksurtur
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
campaignboardgame wrote:
chuckaknuckle wrote:
These are the kinds of scenarios that close businesses and get people in trouble.

I agree that I'd like to see it get fixed, but there aren't clear rules about time to process orders in the USA. Maybe in some states, but not in Texas.

So while it may result in business closure, it won't get anyone in trouble. And so far as it goes, it hasn't closed them yet!

Campaignboardgame.

There are Federal rules on this. See https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/bus...

Quote:
When you offer to sell merchandise, you must have a "reasonable basis" for:

- any express or implied shipment representation, or
- believing you can ship within 30 days of receipt of an order -- if you make no shipment representation or if the shipment representation is not clear and conspicuous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
campaign boardgame
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darksurtur wrote:
campaignboardgame wrote:
chuckaknuckle wrote:

Campaignboardgame.

There are Federal rules on this. See https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/bus...

Quote:
When you offer to sell merchandise, you must have a "reasonable basis" for:

- any express or implied shipment representation, or
- believing you can ship within 30 days of receipt of an order -- if you make no shipment representation or if the shipment representation is not clear and conspicuous.

So there is, I suppose I was wrong. Yet, if there's been no exchange of monies, as in my case, then the resolution (refund of monies) is impossible.

Would you suggest they have still violated the above-posted rule?

Campaignboardgame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Anderson
United States
Fort KickAss
US Armed Forces - Pacific
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Here is another read from the FTC website for those interested. (More simplified version of the previously posted page)

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0221-billed-merchandis...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.