Subject: How to handle Hapsburg - Papacy alliance in 2P variant? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
nick haritodiplomenos
Greece
flag msg tools
Hello,

we were playing the 2P variant today with a friend and this question came up:

Papacy is at war with Hapsburgs, and Hapsburgs are occupying Rome and 1 more space. At end of turn 4, Schmalkaldic league gets in effect and Hapsburgs now become allies of the Papacy and declare war on the Protestants.

What happens to the territories? Do they just go to the Papacy? Do you follow the rules for suing for peace? If yes, do you give VPs to the Protestant player?

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel K
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is covered on page 39 of the 500th Anniversary Edition's Scenario Book:

"Schmalkaldic League: When this event is triggered, the Hapsburgs and Papacy are now allied (even if previously At War). The Papacy may now take actions with Hapsburg units for the rest of the game. If Rome or Ravenna are Hapsburg-controlled, they remain that way for the rest of the game."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nick haritodiplomenos
Greece
flag msg tools
So Papacy keys remain covered? How will you then draw cards? This was the case in our scenario, Rome was my last key, so once it got occupied by the Hapsburgs I lost the 2 cards and 2 VPS, meaning I was drawing the minimum of 1 card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.