Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken B
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So they've sort of revealed the 4 extras included in the KS edition, though only the first 2 have been specified:

1). Blueprint display board
2). 6 new Earth Contract cards
3). 6 new cards (private goal and/or mission cards?)
3). 6 cards comprising a Private Goals Mini Expansion (same as 6 new Private Goal cards??)
4). A bit unclear - another board, perhaps a place to put the general supply of resources & crystals?
4). 6 more Earth Contract cards. Including the base game, that makes 4 decks of 6 Contract cards -- pick any 2 for a game.

Escape Plan and Lisboa both had much more enticing goodies in their KS editions. It looks to me like the On Mars retail version will have so much deluxe stuff in it, that they just couldn't think of much more to add.

It's going to be a tough decision for me whether to get the KSE, or just wait and hope to save maybe another game's worth of $s ($35-$40) and get the retail version.

Update: 3rd KS edition SG revealed and met.
Update 2: All KSE SGs revealed and met.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne Reynolds
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looked to me like the 3rd set of cards were square like the scientist cards. So that is my guess as to that KS special.

With respect to buying into the KS vs. waiting for retail, I was genuinely surprised to see that Escape Plan is selling for ~50% more than the KS price. So even if you but it from a discount online store, you're still probably going to pay more than if you purchased during the KS campaign. I am assuming that On Mars will follow the same trend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The orientation of the cards suggests more blueprints...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad to see this. Maybe companies will start just putting their games up as they are instead of putting a fraction of a game up with the rest of it as Stretch Goals that may not be fully tested, available after release, or just won't fund.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That’s something I like about Vital ks...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Thane
England
Brough
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Up the Tigers
mbmbmbmbmb
The MSRP for On Mars is 129 dollars so not sure how you think you are going to save money by waiting to buy it at retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
apscott wrote:
With respect to buying into the KS vs. waiting for retail, I was genuinely surprised to see that Escape Plan is selling for ~50% more than the KS price. So even if you but it from a discount online store, you're still probably going to pay more than if you purchased during the KS campaign. I am assuming that On Mars will follow the same trend.

Escape Plan isn't in retail yet. Whatever prices you're seeing aren't based on actual distribution prices.

Lisboa is $80. If On Mars is more much I'll be shocked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
belborough wrote:
The MSRP for On Mars is 129 dollars so not sure how you think you are going to save money by waiting to buy it at retail.

30% off MSRP with free shipping is standard in US.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
belborough wrote:

$129 is the MSRP of the KS edition, according to the KS campaign. $99 is my guess for the retail, with a $30 MSRP on the KS upgrade kit. $99 is the current MSRP of the retail version of Lisboa, with the normal OLGS discounted price (when available!) being $70.

So if On Mars follows the same prices, $106 - $70 = $36. That's how I think I'll save money by waiting to buy it at retail; time will tell whether I am delusional or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
apscott wrote:
It looked to me like the 3rd set of cards were square like the scientist cards. So that is my guess as to that KS special.

The square cards are the ones they already revealed -- the Earth contract cards (7250 backers). It's the non-square cards that are still unknown. It's very unlikely they'd be blueprint cards, that's why I guessed at either private goal or mission cards (or 3 of each).

As for the retail price, it's really hard to say. Escape Plan isn't available yet, so any copies you're seeing for sale would be KS versions at naturally higher prices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eagle-Gryphon Games
msg tools
publisher
badge
www.Eagle-Gryphon.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Just clearing up some misconceptions.
curtc wrote:
apscott wrote:

Escape Plan isn't in retail yet. Whatever prices you're seeing aren't based on actual distribution prices.

You won't see On Mars in distribution any time soon, if ever.

TooOld4Games2 wrote:
belborough wrote:

$129 is the MSRP of the KS edition, according to the KS campaign. $99 is my guess for the retail, with a $30 MSRP on the KS upgrade kit.

The msrp for On Mars is $120. The KS Upgrade kit will have an MSRP of $10.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It wasn't a rock
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eagle_Gryphon_Games wrote:

So On Mars could be a KS exclusive in its entirety? This is an interesting bit of news...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafal Kowalski
msg tools
To be honest On Mars has worst KS upgrade Kit since Gallerist. Lisboa, Escape Plan and Vinhos had excellent KS packs. Would love to see variable player powers, double layered LSS module and Spot UV on game board.

I'm happy that Vital games are on the rise and sell better and better. Maybe it will allow EGG to make even more amazing Kanban Deluxe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they (EGG) expect it to be a huge hit. In fact, it now has got more backers than Escape Plan, and this game is more complex than EP, so it should appeal to a smaller audience.

Maybe there will be something very special, but I fear that the stretch goals will have too a high barrier and they won't be reached.

We're now at 7250 backers vs:
Escape Plan 6886
Lisboa 2854
Vinhos 2213
The Gallerist 1089
TM: turmoil 16554
Tainted Grail 41939
Kingdom Death 5410
Rising Sun 31262

This is, as now, the most successful KS campaign by EGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Make the kinds of posts you want to read.
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
apscott wrote:

Lisboa with the KS upgrades is $110-120. You’re comparing the retail edition to the KS edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Make the kinds of posts you want to read.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dual Layer player boards is a pretty big deal to me. And actually so are the silk screened meeples.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Parisian Dreams
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
badge
It's so FLUFFY!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
RockLobster wrote:

So On Mars could be a KS exclusive in its entirety? This is an interesting bit of news...

I think what they mean is the only way to get this game after the KS is going to be through them or from any limited copies retailers back during the KS. This is how it was with EP and I believe Lisboa. They do not do distribution to retailers.

I noticed this a bit ago and always back through KS as it's always cheaper for me. Yes, at one point it was cheaper to wait for retail, but that's not the case anymore. They are pretty transparent about the fact that their games are cheaper during the KS then retail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ParisPink wrote:
RockLobster wrote:

I think what they mean is the only way to get this game after the KS is going to be through them or from any limited copies retailers back during the KS. This is how it was with EP and I believe Lisboa. They do not do distribution to retailers.
No, the retail version of Lisboa absolutely had been available at retailers (including OLGS) in the past. CSI had it on sale for $50 in Nov and again Dec of 2017.

If that is not going to be the case for On Mars, then I think they really should make that clear now.

Eagle-Gryphon Games
msg tools
publisher
badge
www.Eagle-Gryphon.com
mbmbmbmbmb

Can you please elaborate?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Parisian Dreams
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
badge
It's so FLUFFY!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I said I "believe", checking, you are right, many online retailers had Lisboa. The only Online retailer in Canada that backed EP was Boardgamebliss and the only local retailer was Sentry Box. Thus far, it can not be pre-ordered or found from anyone but those two. Edit: and it's $40 more (for the copy with stretch goals) at BGB then what I paid during the KS. Not sure what SB's pricing will be as they've not received their copies yet.

I'm not familiar with all the US online retailers, but CSI does not have a pre-order up for EP nor does miniature market. The only place I see currently to buy it in the US is The Game Steward, who backed it on KS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On Mars in distribution any time soon, if ever.

Nice FUD. But I have faith in you. You wouldn't cut off your nose to spite your face. If you do, I guess I'll play someone else's copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Parisian Dreams
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
badge
It's so FLUFFY!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
On Mars in distribution any time soon, if ever.

Nice FUD. But I have faith in you. You wouldn't cut off your nose to spite your face. If you do, I guess I'll play someone else's copy.

I do not doubt that they will sell it from their webstore, I do doubt it will reach mass retail distribution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ParisPink wrote:
The only Online retailer in Canada that backed EP was Boardgamebliss and the only local retailer was Sentry Box. Thus far, it can not be pre-ordered or found from anyone but those two. Edit: and it's $40 more (for the copy with stretch goals) at BGB then what I paid during the KS. Not sure what SB's pricing will be as they've not received their copies yet.

I'm not familiar with all the US online retailers, but CSI does not have a pre-order up for EP nor does miniature market. The only place I see currently to buy it in the US is The Game Steward, who backed it on KS.

Right, EP is definitely not available in retail (yet?).

I just found this comment from Randal at EGG in the KS comments. It does not imply or suggest that On Mars won't be available in retail, seemingly in contradiction to EGG's comment above (unless I'm misinterpreting it).

While each situation is unique for each backer, On Mars will likely not be available for cheaper than the $89 price, even for the retail edition. In addition, the game won't likely see a retail release until 2020 (though retailers who backer the game through this KS campaign will receive theirs in 2019).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Parisian Dreams
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
badge
It's so FLUFFY!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems there is some conflicting information. Hopefully EGG will respond and clear things up.

For me, I'm reading retailers as "those that backed the KS". And the retail release of 2020 is not surprising as I assume they are doing the same format of release with OM as they are with EP. Which is, it won't be available to retailers until approximately 90 days after the start of fulfillment to backers. ETA for OM is October, so 90 days would push it to 2020.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ParisPink wrote:
I do not doubt that they will sell it from their webstore, I do doubt it will reach mass retail distribution.

Why? Every previous Lacerda game has had broad retail distribution. Why wouldn't this one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Parisian Dreams
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
badge
It's so FLUFFY!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
ParisPink wrote:

Why? Every previous Lacerda game has had broad retail distribution. Why wouldn't this one?

I don't see EP reaching as broad distribution as his past titles. Currently, only Boardgamebliss and The Game Steward (that I have found) have it up for pre-order, with it being so close to 'retail release' I'm surprised other stores do not have pre-orders up as well if they are also getting copies.

EGG is a small company and at the price that Lacerda games are, I think they are now starting to cut out the "middle man" and are starting to do their own sales directly through KS, their web store and through retailers only if they back the KS.

But hey, I could be wrong, it would definitely not be the first time, and I'd love to be wrong in this instance because I love Lacerda games and would like to see them have as broad of a distribution as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.