Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin Newberry
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools

안녕하세요

I've put together a South Korea map for Trains, and I'd like to share it with my fellow railroad builders:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/apnxac6mf73nl1j/Trains_ROK_v1_doos...

We've playtested it a bit and it worked well, but I'd love to get some feedback from other players.

The map is recommended for 2 players with the following setup:
15 Station tokens
14 Rail tokens per player

Let me know what you think! 화이팅!

- Dustin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jérôme
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well done, it looks like an official map!
At first sight there are no big differences to the Japanese two player maps. So I’m curious: What makes this map special?

Thanks for sharing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Newberry
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
Thanks for the kind words, Jerome!

I used to live in S.Korea, so there's my own attachment to the locations and geography, but nostalgia aside—

The 2P Chiba map is a race to the top. Try to get the high scoring locations while canceling out your opponent's points along the way. Personally, I prefer the more freeform maps (without set starting locations), such as Kyushu.

The 2P Kyushu map is very balanced with equal rural connection scoring in the N and S, forcing most of the action to take place over the cities in the center. I enjoy this, but I wanted to try to make something that was asymmetrically balanced.

In my SK map, you can choose to start in the north, and grab up those high scoring locations, but then you'll need to work your way down. Or, you can choose to scrap over the southern provinces and race up to Seoul once you have more money.

In short, I tried to take the things I liked from both Rising Sun 2p maps, and put them in a location that I have fondness for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Konigsberg
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks great. I plan to print it and mount it and use it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.