Mythic Battles: Pantheon» Forums » General

Subject: Preselected Teams? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hermann Steer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,

I'm trying to get my board game group who never heard of the game to play MBP. As we only have one week day's evening our time is limited. Do you know of some preselected teams to limit the draft time to only pick a God and then get heroes/monsters/troops with it?
I'm looking at core game only for now.
Thanks for some help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cinos
United Kingdom
Ely
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While this isn't pre-selected teams, I've always liked this web-app:

http://mythicbattles.decksforge.com

Helps to cut the pool down to make it more focused, and your friends can choose during the week prior to game night.

Failing that the recruitment cards are excellent to set up a quick army.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Dolan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cinos wrote:
While this isn't pre-selected teams, I've always liked this web-app:

http://mythicbattles.decksforge.com

Helps to cut the pool down to make it more focused, and your friends can choose during the week prior to game night.

Failing that the recruitment cards are excellent to set up a quick army.

I love doing online drafts prior to gamenight.

Another great use for this app/web tool is as a reference for unfamiliar players. It allows players to look up character details ahead of time.

Select the draft pool however you want, then post the available chatacters in a google doc/sheet. Starting the day of or day before, people can use text messages to share their picks and record them in the Google doc. That gives people flexible time to figure out what they want for their team.

As a bonus, this helps alleviate my biggest annoyance with the game: set up time, especially if you are time limited. Having a list of the teams in your google doc allows the host to pick the cards/minis/tokens ahead of time.

One lesson learned - remember to pick the map before people make their picks so people know if there is water, lave etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam D
France
paris
Unspecified
flag msg tools
+1 for deskforge.
In my opinion, its best use is to limit the number of available units to a few drafted ones, since having the whole pool to chose rom is quite daunting.
But it means that the players already have a passing knowledge of the rules to make enlightened choices.
If you intend to teach them on game night, making teams prior that would be the best way, as you said on the first post (but I don’t know of any premade team).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.