Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: 1 person game, similar theme to Kingdomino rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hello! We’re pretty new to board games, I have a 4 and 6 year old I like to play games with so generally our games are fairly simple. However we recently purchased Kingdomino and while the girls like it, I find myself obsessed. I find it so soothing to build up a kingdom! I’d like a one player game with a similar building theme. I’ve been doing some googling, but haven’t found anything. I’d greatly appreciate any suggestions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might ask at the 1 player guild:

https://boardgamegeek.com/guild/1303

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby T
United States
flag msg tools
"Between every two pines is a doorway to a new world." - John Muir
badge
“And now," cried Felix, "let the wild rumpus start!”
mbmbmbmbmb
Limes is popular to play solitaire, but it is difficult to find a copy.

Sprawlopolis is similar as well and you can find it readily available on Button Shy's website.

Outside of those, you may want to try Patchwork with the Patchwork: Automa.

Edit: Also, welcome to the hobby! Solo gaming can be quite addictive once you get into it. I highly recommend checking out some of the threads in the 1 Player guild as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa the Gnome
United States
West Allis
WI - Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might enjoy The Castles of Burgundy: The Dice Game. It's cheap and you can play it by yourself or with others. I find that it gives me that feeling of building a kingdom and I always want to play another game. Games play quick and there are four different maps included.

Apparently there is a solo mode for Castles of Mad King Ludwig. I've only played with 2 or 3 players, but it is a fantastic game for building. There is also a really nice app for the game that I would recommend if board game apps interest you.

There is a solo mode for Oh My Goods!, but it might require the expansion Longsdale in Revolt. It's another fun building game where you build buildings that make stuff that you sell to be able to buy more buildings. I enjoy the solo mode, but have only played the first mission in the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benson Wolfe
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For that matchy, blocky satisfaction of kingdom-building, you might want to check out Honshū. There are a couple of good fan-made solo variants in the forums for the game. And your kids will grow into it!

Also, +1 for Sprawlopolis, or Circle the Wagons, both by Buttonshy. Solid, compact solo modes available from the publisher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Constance
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Castles of Caladale is a very similar game that folks enjoy and plays solo.

Check out this review

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petri Eskelinen
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
Thumbs up for the The Castles of Burgundy: The Dice Game.

There exists at least one unofficial solo variant for Carcassonne (see the files section). I suggest you check out the rules. I tried it once and it was ok. In addition, the game can also be played with a six-years-old (e.g. without farmers).

The theme is not medieval but from the tile laying and city building perspective I would recommend Suburbia, it has a solo mode. However, it is generally a bit too difficult to play with a six-years-old.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Thompson
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
I lose all the games... It's fun but!
badge
... as in addicted to going fast... not the powder stuff... "ADICT" was the licence plate on my bike...
mbmbmbmbmb
BSLBobby wrote:
Limes is popular to play solitaire, but it is difficult to find a copy.

I just ordered a copy direct from the designer... Postage was 2x the cost of the game though, so that stung...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john greeb
United States
flag msg tools
mb

+1 Sprawlopolis
Suburbia has a solo mode although it would probably make more sense to get the app if you only want to play solo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodrigo Lopes
msg tools
mbmbmb
The variant Crown of Thorns is great for kingdomino as described here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1741841/solo-kingdomino

It's beat your own score, tough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.