Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Fighting Formations: Grossdeutschland Motorized Infantry Division» Forums » Rules

Subject: Obsyacled rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fabio Zanon
Spain
flag msg tools
23.1 and 23.2 for my poor english, make me in truble. When i check LOS, the line can't pass through an Hex that rapresent obstacle terrain OR can't touch the depiction of the obstacle? Ex: beteeen my units and rivsl's unit there is a building hex. But if i check the los, the line from dot to dot pass through that hex without touching any fisical depiction of a house. How it works? And is the same for blind hexes? Thanx.
Edit: better ex. In the map 2a there is LOS between the hexes I16 and G14? Or LOS is blocked?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Truesdell
United States
Uniontown
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the dot to dot line does not intersect or touch the drawing of the obstacle (trees, buildings, etc), the LOS is clear.

A smoke marker does fill the whole hex though but not the hex sides unless both sides are smoked. Better double check though, I may be wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Zanon
Spain
flag msg tools
Thanx. And the ssme is for hinder? Only if the LOS touch a Rough, not the hex. And the same for blind hex?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
FWIW, here are specific rule references:

23.1 wrote:
If the string touches the physical depiction of a terrain obstacle or hindrance in an intervening hex, that LOS is blocked [23.2] or hindered [23.3], respectively.

The "physical depiction" means the drawing/art itself of the terrain (building or trees etc).

Note that this says it works this way, regardless whether LOS is blocked or hindered.

23.33 wrote:
A Smoke hindrance [8] is considered to fill the entirety of the hex that its marker occupies, including its hexsides. In other words, a LOS traced through any portion of a hex containing Smoke – including directly along one of its hexsides – is hindered by that marker.

I.e. smoke fills its whole hex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Zanon
Spain
flag msg tools
Ok. Thsbks.
So. If i'm in level 1 hill and i have to check los to an hex liv. 0, only i have obstacol if the dot to dot line pass throw a fisical depiction of an obstacol or hindred in an adiacent Hex. Fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.