Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle Grindling
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Does anyone have an alternative template to printing all the cards needed for 6 players that is not artscow? $22 for shipping is a little much. Ive bought cards from printerstudio.com before for very reasonable prices but I'm not sure of the exact card count to make my own. Anyone know of other options?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know about other options, but you should never order anything from Artscow outside of one of their very many sales.

$18 for three decks, shipping included, is reasonable for their low-quality cards and haphazard data-handling and trimming. Anything more would be a rip off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James R. Gracen
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Fixxxer76 wrote:
Does anyone have an alternative template to printing all the cards needed for 6 players that is not artscow? $22 for shipping is a little much. Ive bought cards from printerstudio.com before for very reasonable prices but I'm not sure of the exact card count to make my own. Anyone know of other options?

Download the cards from this file page:

Replacement programming cards (2nd ed style)

Then view the comments further down the page. I included links to where you can get the missing cards and stuff.

Then you can upload the card images to whichever print-on-demand website you choose. I've had good luck with The Game Crafter in the past.

It has always been on my "to do" list to make cards for the missing 7th and 8th robots (I'm still pissed the got rid of Twitch!), and add priority numbers to the cards. But it hasn't happened yet...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Grindling
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Do you know the actual card count of whats needed all to print?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James R. Gracen
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Fixxxer76 wrote:
Do you know the actual card count of whats needed all to print?

While the new instruction manual seems to be missing any sort of contents listing, here are the card counts that I have:

Six decks of 20 movement cards each (but print a seventh and eighth deck if you have access to Twitch* and Squash Bot* minis from earlier versions of the game). The breakdown of each deck is:

1) U-Turn
2) Left Turn
3) Left Turn
4) Left Turn
5) Right Turn
6) Right Turn
7) Right Turn
8) Move Back
9) Move 1
10) Move 1
11) Move 1
12) Move 1
13) Move 1
14) Move 2
15) Move 2
16) Move 2
17) Move 3
18) Again
19) Again
20) Power Up

Then we have the six "Upgrade" cards that may get added to your deck through Upgrades you have purchased:

1) Energy Routine
2) Repeat Routine
3) Sandbox Routine
4) Spam Folder
5) Speed Routine
6) Weasel Routine

Then we have the 74 Damage cards in four types:

1) 38 Spam
2) 18 Virus
3) 12 Trojan Horse
4) 6 Worm

Note that it has been mentioned in other places, including by Richard Garfield (the game designer) himself, that Avalon Hill messed up by only including 38 Spam cards. Mr. Garfield suggests having at least 60 Spam in a 6-player game (and maybe as many as 120). So, I would definitely print extras of those.

[EDIT]: I believe I misread Mr. Garfield's post. He mentioned there should be 60 to 120 *damage* cards total, not *Spam damage*. The game comes with 74 total damage cards, so you may be ok with just those.

There are also 40 different Upgrade cards, but I won't list those here, as those don't get added to your deck anyway.

* As an aside, while trying to figure out the identity of the second missing robot, I just noticed that Hulk X90 is now called Smash Bot in the new version, and Trundle Bot is now called Hulk X90. Hammer Bot, Spin Bot, Twonky, and Zoom bot are all relatively the same in both versions. My beloved Twitch, and Squash Bot are regrettably no more.

Note that I am working on my long-delayed project of upgrading ErikuKun's upgraded cards. Adding color to each deck. Including the missing seventh and eighth decks. Re-introducing priority numbers on the cards to lessen the effect of the priority antenna (that the rule book can't seem to adequately describe how to use anyway). They are a ways away from being finished, but check out the discussion of them here:

New Upgraded "Upgraded Cards"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.