Subject: Thinking of buying argent the consortium just a few questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony Edwards
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
How does play at 2 players I've read good things. Also how does it compare to other worker placement games like caylus,viticulture agricola ect. Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sakuanth wrote:
How does play at 2 players I've read good things. Also how does it compare to other worker placement games like caylus,viticulture agricola ect. Thanks

This might be instructive: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1516170/minas-not-so-mini-r...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Chambers
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It plays different to any other worker placement game IMHO, because you aren't entirely sure you'll get what you want/need when you place a worker, because the situation will change.

I find it fine 2p, but it does end up having a zero sum feel, especially if you both know a lot to the same goals, which I'm not always a fan of. I think it plays best at 3 personally, but 2 is fine.

The thing that I've noticed irks some players is the winner take all nature of the goals. Some people just really dislike that, but it depends on who you play with obviously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Busha
China
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh man. The final scoring is by far my favorite part of the game! I agree it feels very zero sum 2p, but it's still great imho.

Can be a bit mean and a bit silly, but I've enjoyed all my plays at 2p and would suggest taking a hard look.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Williams
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this game! It's hands down my favorite worker placement game! That said, it sucks at two players. I 100% agree that it feels zero sum-ish.

I say buy it if your ever anticipate playing it with more than 2 people!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Recent Argent convert here.
2 plays and absolutely love the game, its fantastic!

Feels fresh, different, engaging ,very little down time and above all else, fun and exciting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Robb
United States
Calais
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

definite re-play value with all the cards and rooms

mages are better now with rubber like bottoms easily interchangeable

theme and final scoring are different than other games - you can find out some, but probably not all of how the final voting will total - so being hired as the chancellor is somewhat like a job interview - you are never quite completely sure

definitely not another trading in the middle east game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.