Subject: Gen Con Pick-Up? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Lunsford-Davis
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that the delivery date is pushed back to early August it would be a great bonus to be able to pick up the game at Gen Con. Not only could I potentially save on shipping (not guaranteed, but I can hope), but John D Clair has been on hand and willing to sign things the last couple of years. Plus Gen Con 2017 was where we got to demo the game, so it would offer a nice synchronicity (not specifically a bonus, but that's how my mind works).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be cool for backers, but a logistical nightmare for AEG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Dancey
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Unfortunately this won’t be possible. To avoid errors and miscommunications we won’t be doing Gen Con pickup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Yellowbeard
United States
Winston-Salem
NC
flag msg tools
You're either born a pirate or not! It's in the blood...
mbmbmbmbmb
rsdancey wrote:
Unfortunately this won’t be possible. To avoid errors and miscommunications we won’t be doing Gen Con pickup.

This is great news! Thanks AEG for taking that stance.

I lose respect for a publisher that makes KS based game available to the general public, Gen Con of otherwise, before the KS Backers receive their rewards.

I understand their motivation, maximize exposure and pay for the booth by getting the game out there to create the buzz. Still it is a sleaze practice, unless the publisher explicitly states that selling the game before backers get their rewards will be done while the KS Project is active.

I'm not talking about a handful of copies being produced to get to the reviewers and influencer's. Just making the game available to the general game consumer before KS backers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvey Cohen
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The thread was hoping for AEG to allow KS backers to pick up their game at Gencon, not for AEG to sell it there,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lunsford-Davis
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rsdancey wrote:

Thanks for the clarification. I can understand why this would be a potential problem. Thanks for taking the time to respond.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CapnYB wrote:
rsdancey wrote:

This is great news! Thanks AEG for taking that stance.

I lose respect for a publisher that makes KS based game available to the general public, Gen Con of otherwise, before the KS Backers receive their rewards.

I understand their motivation, maximize exposure and pay for the booth by getting the game out there to create the buzz. Still it is a sleaze practice, unless the publisher explicitly states that selling the game before backers get their rewards will be done while the KS Project is active.

I'm not talking about a handful of copies being produced to get to the reviewers and influencer's. Just making the game available to the general game consumer before KS backers.

Yeah they didn't say that at all. I'm sure they'll sell it at GenCon if they can. But most backers should have it before then if the schedule holds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.