Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Hopkins
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

I solo'd my first game the other day to learn the rules. A situation came up where I'd like further clarification if possible.

My infiltrator was in a room next to the (open) door. Outside the door (in the corridor was a guard. The infiltator attacked the guard and knocked him down prone. As I understand it, an infiltator can move over a prone minion, but not finish his movement on the same space as the prone figure (please correct me if I'm wrong).

In the same corridor was a scientist within 4 spaces of the prone figure. After knocking down the guard (his first action), the infiltator moved into the corridor (onto the prone figure's square) and immediately came into the scientist's killzone and had to roll to see if he could do a shoot action or finish his turn there and then. The infiltrator failed the test and therefore had to stand still. However, he was standing on the prone figure.

What should happen in this situation? Should the infiltrator not have attempted to leave room given the chance he might have to end his turn on the prone figure? If the infiltrator had won the test I guess the problem wouldn't have arisen? If the inffiltrator is not permitted to move onto a prone figures square if he risks stopping there due to being in another minion's killzone, is there not a strong possibility he'll be stuck in the room forever (if there are piles of minions outside the door)?

Sorry is this doesn't make sense or if I've missed something obvious in the rules. I would be grateful for any clarification you can provide.

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kreutzer
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to see attention to this game with potential. I'd say the infiltrator could not pause at a point that would put them in violation of the rules- would have to go one more square in some direction to be attacked by the scientist. You couldn't move away from the killzone just to avoid the attack, either. So you would need to move one more space toward thew scientist and then have the shot taken at you. You would not have to anticipate and not move at all, however. IM(amateur)O.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hopkins
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Your response makes a lot of sense. It would be interesting to know if there is an official answer. I can't help but feel I've got a rule wrong somewhere.

I like the game and the theme (so much so I've bought the minis). Looking forward to playing against someone else (most likely my brother) instead of solo. But I want to ensure I've got the rules clear in my head first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everything between now and the next game is just killing time
England
London
Agitation
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I seem to recall there being a rule about not being able to move into an "occupied" square if it's in someone else's line of sight.
If you've trapped yourself by your Johnny English like escapes and/or been trapped there by a Luthor-esq mastermind then I think the world is doomed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hopkins
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I need to check the rules again. My play style is definitely more Johnny English than James Bond!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.