Subject: Reinforcement phase questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nafta Lino
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,
I’ve bought FtP few days ago and now I’m playing with my wife our first game.
So, I've got some questions about the Reinforcement phase:
1. If I place SPs into a space with an army, are SPs always incorporeted in that army? I think so for the rule 5.24 and 5.35, unless that army is just at full strengh (15 SPs).
2. When I bring generals face down on the map, if I place a general into a space where is an army (with one SP for each general), is the general mandatorily incorporeted in that army? I think so.
3. Is the same if the general is a Cavalry General and we have created a Brigade Cavalry?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Huffman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
Supreme Court Listener
badge
Supporter of the National Flag Football League
mbmbmbmbmb
1) This is a matter of preference, though the convention is to include them in the Army. Should they be attacked, they would be considered a part of the army.
2) Yes, this is a non-option. It matters (unlike the SPs) because if the General is the highest Political Rank, he then becomes 2nd in command and cannot leave the Army unless there are specific, unusual circumstances.
3) When you put the Cav General into an Army, he just goes onto the General track and there isn't a brigade formed. If you put a Cav General onto a stack of SP(s), then you remove 1 SP and flip him to the Cavalry Brigade.

Hope this helps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rubin
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
"It may be doubted whether so small a number of men ever employed so short a space of time with greater or more lasting effects upon the history of the world.” — Sir George Otto Trevelyan on the Battles of Trenton and Princeton
mbmbmbmbmb
When a Cav General is placed anywhere on the map, he is replaced by his Brigade marker, even if placed in an army. See Play Note following 5.5.1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan F
United States
Corpus Christi
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dirubin wrote:
When a Cav General is placed anywhere on the map, he is replaced by his Brigade marker, even if placed in an army. See Play Note following 5.5.1.

yep, cav gen always gets "married" to 1 SP and remains so as long as in play and not killed, see rules for how to handle that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nafta Lino
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.