Jasenko Pasic
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Sarajevo
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,
Would it brake the game somehow if I use another cloth bag for cloth tiles instead of stacking them face down in 3 stacks? I have less and less patience with games requiring this kind of setup (in rococo it is not that bad).
Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
APK
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
It's not a box, it's a...
badge
mbmbmb
Not at all! Random is random. This is what I do.

I do this for all games that require random time draws where a facedown stack does not need to be manipulated or looked through during the game. Get a supply of these (they come in a few sizes). You can even dye them if you need color coding. https://www.amazon.com/Augbunny-Cotton-12-Inch-Drawstring-12...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Stansel
United States
Lexington
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I also draw the tiles out of a bag. I find this to be a much better solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
statispro1 wrote:
I also draw the tiles out of a bag. I find this to be a much better solution.

Plus one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One only stacks cloth tiles once before he realizes it's not worth the time investment. A bag all the way.

The other quality of life improvement I've made to Rococo is a laminated score sheet for final scoring. Those scoring chits and having to change them in and out for final scoring is just downright silly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Willett
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only thing I would point out with this is similar to the dresses. If you discard the items back into the bag, it would then affect the randomness (since you don't shuffle them back into the stacks when spent). So long as you handle discards the same way, bag will be identical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
APK
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
It's not a box, it's a...
badge
mbmbmb
fastattaq wrote:
The other quality of life improvement I've made to Rococo is a laminated score sheet for final scoring. Those scoring chits and having to change them in and out for final scoring is just downright silly.

Definitely! I printed out some scoresheets.

If we're talking general improvements I'd recommend getting some scrabble tile holders for your fabric chits.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=scrabble+tile+holders&ref=nb_sb_n...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.