The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth» Forums » General

Subject: Scenario/campaign creator? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tuomas L
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Publishing a scenario/campaign editor/creator would make this game a true gem (after fixing all the current bugs & other issues of course). Then they could just release official expansions with new characters, minis and campaigns to keep the money rolling in. What do you guys think? An impossible dream that will never come true?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Scutt
United Kingdom
Matlock
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just thinking the same thing last night. It would be so easy to do, but I suspect it might not be a good move commercially as it means people would have less need to buy 'official' expansions (and also if they release a level editor and a way to download other people's creations, they probably have a duty to moderate those creations and make sure there is no obscene/unsuitable content, etc.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Felts
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
An official editor is unlikely, but the other FFG apps similiar to this (Descent, MoM, IA) have fan made scenarios run through Valkyrie. I haven't tried it but I know many people enjoy them. JiME will likely be a part of that as well.

There is also an "undo" app usable on the Windows Steam versions that runs in the background doing constant save file back-ups that allow you to rewind turns in case of major mistakes. I do use that one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Pekar
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Do you have undo for JiME you could link? I was trying to find one but the one by gurnec called Undo_FFG is not updated yet and the developers github account wasn't active for years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Felts
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I don't have one specific for JiME. I imagine someone will update the current one for it as all of FFG's games use a similar file structure. I might try poking around at it (if nobody else picks it up relatively soon) to find a work-around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zanza Zanzara
msg tools
is there a scenario/skirmish mode like the one they added as pay-dlc in the descent 2 app?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Boon
Netherlands
Berkel en Rodenrijs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zanzara wrote:
is there a scenario/skirmish mode like the one they added as pay-dlc in the descent 2 app?

No, the current version of the app software has only one scenario. In a couple of months, FFG will make a DLC available (pay)for a second scenario. No doubt there will be many others! Probably also ones like the RtL app.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.