Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Phasing and Lockjaw rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Kelly
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it allowed to phase the same card more than once per turn. In games where this has come up, I have assumed it is, but it can lead to some crazy chains that make me wonder...

Like when you phase lockjaw, then draw it again with Storm's Gathering Stormclouds. Is it ok to phase Lockjaw again to draw another card?

My wife had a pretty sweet deck once with mostly Storm and a Lockjaw. She would draw through her whole deck by phasing and drawing until only Lockjaw remained, guaranteeing his return in the next hand. Technically never played, Lockjaw was never returned to the Sidekick stack. It was awesome, but felt like cheating.

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that's fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris E
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, absolutely. I love getting Lockjaw when I have a Spider-friend or Daredevil deck. You can abuse the hell out of it.

Edit to add: sometimes Vision, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, totally legit.

There are definately situations where you can get more use from Lockjaw by not playing him, eg keep phasing him so your spider-friends always draw, or so Captain America always has an extra Class to boost him.

I'm not sure how Lockjaw helps with getting draw chains from Storm though (other than by giving you an extra shot at getting a card to start the draw chain). Phasing him doesn't count as playing him so can't be used to trigger Ranged-dependent abilities.

There are also lots of sitautions where phasing Lockjaw is no earthly good and just keeps him in your deck longer. I swear I draw Lockjaw from the Sidekick stack way more than is probable, and I seem to regularly find myself in this situation to the point of being sick of seeing him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelley Hebert
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mb
My wife loves the shit out of Lockjaw. “Phase the dog....phase the dog....phase the dog....”

She does what you describe regularly.

SH
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Desmond Grey
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As stated already, having a Spider-Friends heavy hero roster and recruiting Lockjaw is awesome. If I have a draw-heavy deck relying on a 2 cost card being drawn I rarely play Lockjaw. I phase him to make sure all my Spider-Friend draws will go through. I only play if I absolutely need that 2 attack.

He makes base set Spider-Man OP lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.