Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
Solo player that don't play solo
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey! I know i'm pushing it but i'd like to hear from you which game, between the three games in the title, would you buy for SOLO campaign play and replayability.

I know they're both really different games but i'm looking to buy a game with a good campaign that I can replay multiple times and still feel like it's a new playthrough.

I don't mind app-based games at all and equally like dice and cards to resolve tests/combats.

What would you buy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really want to buy the Mad Mage game, but I keep hearing just enough negative things about it to prevent form buying it, between being too easy and component errors.

I have no interest in the other two so unfortunately I can't speak to those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes there's an "Errata" thread about all the errors/misprints...there's enough that I might wait for a reprint (which i'm not sure if this series of game ever had those).

The new LOTR game look pretty awesome with a good starting campaign and nice character progression.

The City of Kings, except for it's abstract imagery of some of it's components, seem like an awesome game too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rhezuss wrote:
Yes there's an "Errata" thread about all the errors/misprints...there's enough that I might wait for a reprint (which i'm not sure if this series of game ever had those).

The new LOTR game look pretty awesome with a good starting campaign and nice character progression.

The City of Kings, except for it's abstract imagery of some of it's components, seem like an awesome game too.

Yah, I'm not sure they've ever revised any of them so I'm not holding my breath. They seem to just print them and forget them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone would like to chime in and share their favortite game of the 3 in the title? Please!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Felts
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played JiME, CoK, and the other D&D adventure system games (not Mad Mage).

I don't like City of Kings. It looks like a cool adventure game, but it's really just a puzzle to solve (similar to why I hate Legends of Andor).

I like the D&D games ok, but the flip a random tile and spawn a random monster gameplay gets a bit old. The more recent sets do improve things a bit and add an actual campaign with progression. They're fun to play but not amazing.

I'm loving JiME so far. It's basically Mansions of Madness 2e with a sprinkling of small scale combat set in the LotR universe. I value story and feeling like I'm a character in that story very highly, and JiME does this well. LotR is also currently my favorite game setting so that certainly helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.