Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
I aim to misbehave
badge
Go ahead... click!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok I have an idea.

Imagine every time a player lands in a location, she or he draws from an adventure mini-deck, ala Scythe. Each adventure has a type of encounter, a location type and a list of choices. The intent of the adventure deck is to set up the 'theater of the mind' for each encounter.

This is how I envision it: I move my character to a forest location, and I draw from the adventure deck. The adventure card has a narrative, a type and some options. Let's say the type is 'enemy' and the narrative reads something like this: You are walking through the forest and I hear noise up ahead in a ravine, something tells you there is an enemy abound (maybe better narrative than this, a picture or something, but bear with me). Then the card gives me 3 options: 1) do you call out to whoever is in the forest ready for a fight 2) Send a trusted scout to see what is happening, 3) You are not ready for this.

If the player picks 1) You draw from the forest deck until you find an enemy, and you engage it (normally). If the player picks 2) the player needs to have an Ally, you draw from the forest deck until you find an enemy, pick the strongest attribute of the enemy and compare it to your ally, if it is greater you get one die less, if it is more you get one die more on your test. If the player picks 3) she or he goes back to the location, he or she left but loses the action.

Obviously this is an example, but imagine this same patter for quests, or maps, maybe you find a shortcut, or a guide (in case of a map) and you shift your success on this encounter to 4, 5, 6 (ala eldritch horror). Or vice versa, you mess up and you shift your success to only 6.

Something like that, I am open to suggestions. What says you? Who would be interested in collaborating on this idea? Or expand on it?

On the top of my head, I would need help on:
- Narratives: I want the narratives to be cool, small, good, and fresh. Mind you they need to fit in a card and be engaging. And they need to be portable from card to card (enemy to enemy for example). So there needs to be a little bit of crafting here.
- Mechanic or ideas/suggestions. In here they should not break the game. I think that for now let us keep it simple (as my example of the forest, as opposed to my map example), but I'm open for people to be creative
- Once we have some semblance of something workable, we would need testing and testing and testing, so that we don't break the game.

I’m thinking of this as community fan expansion (however I’m open for Tristan to help out if he is inclined to ), and the intent is for the good and love of the game. I'm a zero ego can of guy, so whoever wants to helps is welcome, no medals if you do or not.

I like the basic idea, and I think it could be fun. If interested please 'r' and start brainstorming, I'll compile the ideas/stories into big file and share it with whoever is interested. The more unique the better .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.