Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arthur Janicek
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
During combat, the rules say that Archer powers must be available and actually chosen to take effect. The play aids seem to imply that archers always use their power if they're present in a combat. What's true? Was there an errata I missed?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Malczak
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If your opponent has archers, you're archers can't shoot (and vice versa). Captains can re-enable the power if available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Janicek
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And if you use the archers power, you can't use the powers of any other unit type during the same round of combat. Correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Malczak
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not that I'm aware of? You should be able to use every power that is still 'enabled' (ie, not cancelled by the opponent having the same unit and/or by an opposing Captain).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Janicek
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Don't know how I got that idea in my head.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Janicek
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Who determines which units take the damage from archer fire? The attacker? Defender? Player with the shooting archers? (Which may be attacker or defender).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Dennis
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
mb
It’s not clear in the rules who assigns damage from archers (or siege engines for that matter) however, during the melee battle steps , the rules are clearer that the player assigns damage to his own units (whether through battle score or casualty damage). We apply this throughout the whole combat.
So, damage is always assigned by the player to whom the units belong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Janicek
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right. And then there's the Tactics level 3 ability which lets the attacker assign the (one) caused damage per red tech token spent. This strongly suggests your interpretation to be the correct one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.