Karin
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ages 4+
As many players as you wish

Contents:
Cardboard frame in 6 parts which can be put together like a puzzle.
24 picture cards (printed doublesided).
20 chips.

Gameplay:
First you (or the children) put together the golden picture-frame. Then you randomly take 12 picture cards and lay them in the frame. The pictures either show a bit of sky, a river or grass with or without a stone path on it. The rivercards go in the middle, the sky above and the grass/path at the bottom.

The children get some time to look at the picture. Then you ask them to close their eyes and you turn three pictures over. The back will show the same scenery but something is either left away or added to the picture. It’s up to the children to be the first to spot the differences: which card was turned over and what has gone, or what appeard?

The first child to answer gets a chip. This continues until all three the cards have been found. Then everybody closes their eyes again and again 3 pictures are turned over.

Game end:
The first player to have 4 chips wins the game.

Educational aspect:
This is basically a memory-game. But there’s a twist to it: often you do know which card was turned over, but you do not remember what was on the other side of it.
Of course you can make it easier by asking the children what has changed. Just spotting the right card is enough then. Or by only turning over 1 or 2 cards.

Fun element:
Children love memory-games, wel all know that. And they are good at them too!
The theme of this one appeals to most children so that’s a pro. The golden frame makes it special. Children also enjoy turning over cards for you when it's your turn and it’s even better if then you can not spot the difference. I find this quite hard myself I must admit, while I’m usually quite good at memory-games (even at my age…..).

Do I like this game:
It’s okay. I like to have a choice of games so I don’t always have to play the same one with the children. If they want to play a memory-game and I don’t really, then at least I still get to choose which one and for once in a while it’s fine. I wouldn’t want to play this too often though. My memory gets blurry then and there is also only that much disney I can take.
I would prefer this game in a neutral theme. Not everything has to be popular characters.

By the way, this game was also made with “my little pony” cards and with “spiderman and friends”-theme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.