The Pirate Republic» Forums » Rules

Subject: Solo Chaos cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Miguel Angel Fernandez Gomez
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At rules says that, during setup you only use chaos cards with 'MP' symbol. But for example, card #13 says: "If you and any other player...". Aren't they for solo game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
Training field technicians at trade school level
badge
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it."
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, what's that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hes saying that for solo play there are cards with the MP symbol that make statements like "any other player" how do you process this in the solo play?

Ananda74 wrote:
At rules says that, during setup you only use chaos cards with 'MP' symbol. But for example, card #13 says: "If you any other player...". Aren't they for solo game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Dodgin
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I think you need to remove the MP cards for solo play (I'm guessing the MP stands for multiplayer?).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it."
mbmbmbmbmb
I don’t think the wording is as Ananda74 wrote, but probably is more something like “you *or* any other player” ?

I think in solo play this would cause no problems whatsoever. There’s always a “you”, right? So if a card is worded like this it is always applicable keyed to the “you”.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
richdodgin wrote:

I think you need to remove the MP cards for solo play (I'm guessing the MP stands for multiplayer?).

No, the rulebook says to remove every Chaos card without the MP symbol for solo play (page 23). Not sure what MP stands for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Dodgin
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wiet wrote:
richdodgin wrote:

No, the rulebook says to remove every Chaos card without the MP symbol for solo play (page 23). Not sure what MP stands for.

Hmmm. I wonder if the rulebook is wrong. I'm sure I went through the non-MP cards last year and none of them mentioned other players, whereas the MP cards do quite often mention other players. I'll have to check again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wiet wrote:
I don’t think the wording is as Ananda74 wrote, but probably is more something like “you *or* any other player” ?

I think in solo play this would cause no problems whatsoever. There’s always a “you”, right? So if a card is worded like this it is always applicable keyed to the “you”.

I thought that, because Multi Player. It seems logic. But taking a look to the other cards there are also someone involving another players. So I don't know what cards take!.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wiet wrote:
richdodgin wrote:

Ah ok, then I read wrong... But among that cards there also cards for multiplayer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wiet wrote:

Yes, it wasn't any but and. The corrector...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1999439/which-chaos-cards-u...

Also, this post here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/31204207#31204207

So the rulebook is correct; you use the MP cards in solo play, and Tom has not disclosed what MP stands for yet (most likely “multiplayer”).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But original answer is still unanswered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ananda74 wrote:

Well to be frank I still don’t really understand your question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Ananda74 wrote:

When playing solo, you simply read that card as "If you and any other player...".
Simple as that. As there are no other players, that portion of the sentence doesn't apply.

Give me some time to figure out what "MP" stand for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.