Popular Tags: [View All]
César Moreno
Spain
Castellon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
P.8, 6.0 Activation Procedure, II Platoon Activation Cycle, 3.Marker Adjustments, c) Reveal hidden units [17.9]

This makes me think that hidden units are revealed at this point, after Reactions.

But in 17.9 I can see one way of voluntarily reveal hidden units plus four unvoluntarily ways to do the same. All of them (except for c) seem to happen *during* activations or reactions. I am a bit confused. Maybe I'm overthinking this?

Another question, am I right if I think leaders should also take cohesion test like any other unit?

Thanks,
César
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SIMONE DONNINI
Italy
Varese
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rule 17.9 describes 4 ways to lose hidden status involuntarily and all of them happe during the turn:

a) During movement
b) during reaction
c) during the Fire resolution phase
d) during movement again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
César Moreno
Spain
Castellon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, so why step c) in "marker adjustment" sub-phase tells me to "reveal hidden units"? Shouldn't them be revealed at that point?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Denson
United States
Palestine
Texas
flag msg tools

a) When an enemy vehicle enters a hex adjacent to a hex occupied by hidden units. In this case, the enemy vehicle stops temporarily, and the hidden units are placed concealed in their recorded hex. Once the hidden units are in place, the enemy vehicle can end its maneuver in the adjacent hex or continue maneuvering provided it has MPs remaining. Note: If the enemy vehicle is transporting units and it ends its maneuver in a hex adjacent to the revealed units, the units being transported could not dismount [10.4.6.2d].

In case "a" above, the hidden units are revealed immediately.

b) If immediately after the opposing player calls for reaction, they are within 3 hexes of an enemy unit.

In regards to case "b" it might be clearer if I stated: "if the hidden unit is within three hexes of an enemy unit during step c of the marker adjustment phase which occurs immediately after the opposing player's call for reaction.

Please let me know If you feel this clarifies the issues and I will include the clarification when we release the errata and clarifications.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Smith
United States
Capitola
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cmdenson wrote:

b) If immediately after the opposing player calls for reaction, they are within 3 hexes of an enemy unit.

In regards to case "b" it might be clearer if I stated: "if the hidden unit is within three hexes of an enemy unit during step c of the marker adjustment phase which occurs immediately after the opposing player's call for reaction.

Please let me know If you feel this clarifies the issues and I will include the clarification when we release the errata and clarifications.

Yes, this change in wording greatly clarifies the reason for step c) in the Marker Removal Phase of the Platoon activation segment.

Reading the phrase
Quote:
immediately after the opposing player calls for reaction,
conjures in my mind the following scenario.

Player 1: “Would you like to execute any reactions?”

Player 2: “Yes, but I have some hidden units within three hexes of your units. So I better reveal them.”

Under this scenario, revealing hidden units has already occurred, making step c) in the Marker Removal Phase superfluous.

On the other hand, the phrase
Quote:
if the hidden unit is within three hexes of an enemy unit during step c of the marker adjustment phase,
tells me that any hidden units within three hexes of an enemy unit are revealed after all reactions are finished for a given platoon activation cycle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Denson
United States
Palestine
Texas
flag msg tools
Jason,

Further Clarification:

17.9 b) is correct as written: "If immediately after the opposing player calls for reaction, they are within 3 hexes of an enemy unit" and takes precedent.

The statement regarding revealing hidden units in step c) in the Marker Removal Phase of the Platoon activation segment is the problem.

Resolution: In the upcoming errata, I will remove the step c statement totally. This should resolve the issue.

Thanks for your input. It was very helpful in resolving this matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Smith
United States
Capitola
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cmdenson wrote:

Resolution: In the upcoming errata, I will remove the step c statement totally. This should resolve the issue.

I agree.

cmdenson wrote:

Jason,

Thanks for your input. It was very helpful in resolving this matter.

You're welcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.