David Marowske
United States
Macomb
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After reading the rules, I had a couple of questions regarding using Ambrosia:

1. Use a placed citizen: You can spend 4 Ambrosia to place any one of your citizens that have already been placed on the board on a “new” action. Does “new” mean “different”?

2. Repair an empire card: Rules says this can be done at any time. However, the end game summary states that you first lose 1 victory point per damaged card and then you can repair them. So which is correct? I guess it doesn’t matter if you have the ambrosia before end game, just make sure you use it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
It's a love/hate relationship.
badge
Check out my board game instructional videos on my YouTube channel: "The Game Explainer".
mbmbmbmbmb
1. I'd like to know the ruling on this one too. I had the same question after playing the game last weekend.

2. After losing 1 VP per damaged Empire card, you flip them face up so you can count their banners in final scoring. So, having damaged cards at game end doesn't impact your banner scores.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Marowske
United States
Macomb
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mvettemagred wrote:
1. I'd like to know the ruling on this one too. I had the same question after playing the game last weekend.

2. After losing 1 VP per damaged Empire card, you flip them face up so you can count their banners in final scoring. So, having damaged cards at game end doesn't impact your banner scores.

Yes, but you're still losing the VPs for damaged cards. I am guessing so long as you announce that you are repairing the damaged empire cards before the last turn is concluded and end game scoring starts, you can avoid losing those points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Laukat
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
esquire468 wrote:

Yes, but you're still losing the VPs for damaged cards. I am guessing so long as you announce that you are repairing the damaged empire cards before the last turn is concluded and end game scoring starts, you can avoid losing those points.

Yes, this is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Laukat
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
esquire468 wrote:
After reading the rules, I had a couple of questions regarding using Ambrosia:

1. Use a placed citizen: You can spend 4 Ambrosia to place any one of your citizens that have already been placed on the board on a “new” action. Does “new” mean “different”?

Yes, this should be "different."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.