Popular Tags: [View All]
Alea jacta est
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
No matter where you go, there you are.
badge
Shamelessly looking for a citizenship star!
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally bought the game. I wanted this for a long time and I pulled the trigger. Upon opening the box I'm missing a bag of cubes. I sent an email to info at strongholdgames but I have yet to hear back. After watching an unboxing video it appears there's two bags of cubes. I got two of the same bags and I am missing the other bag completely.

I know I can proxy a bunch of cubes with other things, but for the price of the game I want what it's supposed to come with.

I've never had any trouble with Stronghold Games before. never had to try to get replacement parts so I'm not sure how good/bad they are in this respect.

In any case, is there a better way to get replacement parts than the info at email?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Paul
Iceland
Reykjavik
None
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently purchased AuZtralia, and was also missing a few parts. I contacted Stronghold through https://strongholdgames.com/store/information/missing-damage..., and they got back to me a few days later. I did need to send them a picture of an invoice (to show that I had purchased the game), which was a bit weird, but then a week or so later they said they had shipped the missing parts.

If they're not answering, I'd send them another email.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alea jacta est
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I'm impatient. I sent the email last night. I attached a PDF of my amazon invoice for the game. FWIW I got two bags of red/blue cubes (there's only supposed to be one). I am missing the bag that is supposed to contain the yellow/green/purple cubes. It's unfortunate because I don't have green, yellow, or purple cubes for the other two player colors and the old ones damage. Yes, I could make it work. However, I'd prefer to have the correct contents of the game. As it stands now it's a 2-play max game without the additional cubes. And I'll be using other markers for old one damage. Grrr! The Old ones are cheating in my game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Paul
Iceland
Reykjavik
None
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you're probably not going to get the missing parts anytime soon, unless you return the game to Amazon. Stronghold told me to expect my missing parts in 4-6 weeks, although that might be because it's international shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alea jacta est
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
murksofus wrote:
Well, you're probably not going to get the missing parts anytime soon, unless you return the game to Amazon. Stronghold told me to expect my missing parts in 4-6 weeks, although that might be because it's international shipping.

If Stronghold is going to make me return the game to amazon as a solution to the missing parts I'll be dissatisfied to say the least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Paul
Iceland
Reykjavik
None
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn’t say that you needed to return the game to Amazon, I just said it might be quicker than waiting for replacement parts from Stronghold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maddest Hatter wrote:
I guess I'm impatient. I sent the email last night.

I guess you are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alea jacta est
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Maddest Hatter wrote:

I guess you are.

I've had missing components on a few games in my time. TMG, Stonemaier, GMT, Pandasaurus...all of them replied within one day. Most within hours. I was spoiled by the better customer service provided by other companies in the business. I was surprised to see Stronghold games not follow the same level of professionalism. Especially given their presence in the gaming community.

And for what it's worth I don't it's unrealistic to expect a response within 24 hours. Especially given their size.. I think Stronghold needs a better system to handle customer requests. It'll likely get fixed and be over. I'll let you know how long it takes.

I don't think I'm impatient at all. I wasn't looking to have the parts replaced asap, just some confirmation of the missing parts request would have been adequate. As it stands now I still have nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maddest Hatter wrote:

Maddest Hatter wrote:
I don't think I'm impatient at all.

Sorry, but you had it right the first time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alea jacta est
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Maddest Hatter wrote:

Maddest Hatter wrote:
I don't think I'm impatient at all.

Sorry, but you had it right the first time.

That you're just a witless troll? I acquiesce.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauline Milano

Florida
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmb
We do ask for your patience as we try and get through the large amount of customer service questions we receive. We do try and answer emails in a timely manner, but sometimes we are backlogged.

We appreciate your purchase and you should receive a response soon.

Thank you,

Pauline Milano
Stronghold Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alea jacta est
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And I just set the game up to play Solo so I can learn the rules before I take this out next week. Surprise, all 4 player mats are in a foreign language.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Gackowski
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
My first copy had Portuguese player mats. My replacement copy had Polish player mats. That is some serious lack of quality control.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Atamian
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi,

About how long does it take for a reply to come because it’s been about 4 days since my email was sent. Also I sent an email months ago to the support with no response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alea jacta est
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It took me about a week. maybe a little longer.

Once I did I was told it would be a "few weeks" before I see my components. However, they arrived this past Monday. Including the English player boards.

For what it's worth, two of my friends bought this game since I have. The first one also wanted the game and just bought it sooner than later so more than two of us could play my copy (so we had enough cubes). The second one lives far away and wanted a copy for his own game group after playing with ours.

My copy had German player boards.
My first friend's has Italian player boards
My second friend's came with Polish player boards.

Great QC job Stronghold.

They're not getting the player boards replaced as we figured it out through the rule book. However, it does speak to the quality control at Stronghold. Or at least with regards to AuZtralia.

For what it's worth I love this game. Everuone I have played it with enjoyed the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammo
England
london
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My KS version arrived without the phosphorous tokens. Have emailed them twice since last Wednesday and heard nothing so far. Not the sort of customer service that I would have expected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Schutte
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy had Spanish player boards, this has to cost someone a pretty penny to replace and mail all these.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Osborn
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hammo wrote:
My KS version arrived without the phosphorous tokens. Have emailed them twice since last Wednesday and heard nothing so far. Not the sort of customer service that I would have expected.

Clearly there was a major snafu in the packaging of the games. I got a response in about a week about my player boards and they said they'd be shipped out. I'm sure they're backlogged. Just requires some patience but it looks like they're making every effort to make it right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Nicholson
United States
Albion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just wondering if people's requests have been responded to (I know at least one user on here said it took about a week to get a response but what about others?). It has been two weeks since my original email to stronghold (I sent a follow up a week ago) about Italian player boards in my English copy but I haven't heard a peep. I'm looking for some hope!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Paul
Iceland
Reykjavik
None
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received my missing pieces. It took about 2 weeks for them to reply, and another 4 weeks for shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Nicholson
United States
Albion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks! Just the kind of hope I was looking for

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.