BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Targeted Election Advertising on its way rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andre
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

https://nowthisnews.com/videos/politics/abigail-disney-the-w...

Hard hitting, and largely true commentary about the state of our country, and the difference between the wealthy, and the middle class. I suspect many more of these short videos might be useful, in swaying people's minds. Not the Trump base of course, but one's that might be on the fence, come 2020.

Nothing like hearing the way it is, from someone who's actually telling you like it is. She has nothing to gain by making the video (since she's a legitimate target and recipient of the tax cuts), but she's so rich that not getting those tax cuts, won't matter.

Edit - made before the midterms, but it speaks to the kind of advertising that may be effective, against Trump.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Henry
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind—Einstein
mbmbmbmbmb
The tax cuts are doubly awful. Not only are they clearly going to the wrong people*, but historically this level of deficit spending has been done when the economy is stagnant. When the economy is relatively strong, any economist would say we should be reducing the deficit (if not the debt), not growing it. We're in uncharted bad territory here.

* I say that as a beneficiary of the tax cuts. I should be paying more, not less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.