shion smith
msg tools
So I backed Cataclysm, but maybe don't need a 11th (?) faction. Am I able to simply order the reprints and extras I liked because I'm already part of onslaught 4?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brother J
United States
Summerville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say pledge $1 to this KS just to be sure. They are separate Kickstarters and may not have the crossover like you imagine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelby Babb
United States
Springdale
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(bangs head against the wall)

I take it you didn't actually read the Kickstarter FAQ, since it answers your question?

Nothing personal about you, this is just literally the third question I've seen today that was a variant of "I just threw money at this Kickstarter/preorder, and I have a question that shows I didn't know what I was doing when I threw money at something."

(okay, calming down)

The FAQ says you need to pledge for that 11th Faction to get in the PM. However.... it's not clear if pledging for Bubastis a few weeks ago will count in the CWFOPM or not. (EDIT: it does say you can -add- Bubastis, but not how they're handling things if you already pledged in that KS too. I -think- I read somewhere that the Bubastis pledge shares this project's PM and you'll be credited, but no mention on if a Bubastis pledge will let you get add-ons or not. I'd -assume- so, but I -hate- to assume when spending money.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S

Texas
msg tools
badge
The valuable lesson is that you can get what you want and still not be very happy.
mbmbmbmbmb
San Dee Jota wrote:

I take it you didn't actually read the Kickstarter FAQ, since it answers your question?

Nothing personal about you, this is just literally the third question I've seen today that was a variant of "I just threw money at this Kickstarter/preorder, and I have a question that shows I didn't know what I was doing when I threw money at something."

(okay, calming down)

The FAQ says you need to pledge for that 11th Faction to get in the PM. However.... it's not clear if pledging for Bubastis a few weeks ago will count in the CWFOPM or not. (EDIT: it does say you can -add- Bubastis, but not how they're handling things if you already pledged in that KS too. I -think- I read somewhere that the Bubastis pledge shares this project's PM and you'll be credited, but no mention on if a Bubastis pledge will let you get add-ons or not. I'd -assume- so, but I -hate- to assume when spending money.)

First you accuse him of not reading the FAQ, but then you go on to say that the FAQ is not clear about his specific question. So, maybe he did read the FAQ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brother J
United States
Summerville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
San Dee Jota wrote:

(okay, calming down)

So, what I said, just with more rage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shion smith
msg tools
I did read the FAQ and understand that if you are joining this onslaught now you would need to take the Daemon Sultan faction to get add-ons.

I am wondering if my already being in the "first part" of this final onslaught qualifies me to also take the add-ons. Maybe they will be made available via the Cataclysm pledge manager perhaps and I can unlock my current add-on choices to add the extras once they are decided upon?

I believe this is a fair thing to seek clarity on given I am a part of the final onslaught already. This OS 4 kickstarter being the second part of the final onslaught and there being crediting and availability to choose the pervious part in this part etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shion smith
msg tools
brotherj wrote:
San Dee Jota wrote:

(okay, calming down)

The $1 may not be helpful because even if I did that, it still might not let me buy add-ons in much the same way that doing a $1 pledge alone, without having backed the Bubastis, would not allow me to buy add-ons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelby Babb
United States
Springdale
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wonderloss wrote:
San Dee Jota wrote:

(okay, calming down)

First you accuse him of not reading the FAQ, but then you go on to say that the FAQ is not clear about his specific question. So, maybe he did read the FAQ?

You know what....

you're right.

I missed the "Cataclysm" in the subject line, brain farted, and jumped to conclusions.

My apologies to shion smith.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelby Babb
United States
Springdale
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brotherj wrote:

To be fair to me, $1 will -not- let you get add-ons in the PM. You'll still have to up your pledge, per the FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelby Babb
United States
Springdale
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shion_ca wrote:
I did read the FAQ and understand that if you are joining this onslaught now you would need to take the Daemon Sultan faction to get add-ons.

I am wondering if my already being in the "first part" of this final onslaught qualifies me to also take the add-ons. Maybe they will be made available via the Cataclysm pledge manager perhaps and I can unlock my current add-on choices to add the extras once they are decided upon?

I believe this is a fair thing to seek clarity on given I am a part of the final onslaught already. This OS 4 kickstarter being the second part of the final onslaught and there being crediting and availability to choose the pervious part in this part etc.

There's an update that goes into how they're handling things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brother J
United States
Summerville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
San Dee Jota wrote:
brotherj wrote:

To be fair to me, $1 will -not- let you get add-ons in the PM. You'll still have to up your pledge, per the FAQ.

I stand corrected. $1 will just give you more time to decide if you want the Sultan Faction in order to buy more expansions. Apologies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelby Babb
United States
Springdale
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brotherj wrote:
San Dee Jota wrote:
brotherj wrote:

I stand corrected. $1 will just give you more time to decide if you want the Sultan Faction in order to buy more expansions. Apologies.

No need to apologize. I'm the jerk here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, I'm the jerk here! No one else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Gouveia
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
existoid wrote:

Arthur, I missed the CATaclysm ks, but entered the DS KS. Which Cat products will be avaliable for the DS KS?

The page specificaly says the BUBASTI faction will be avaliable. What about the other goods? If I want all the cat expansiins is better to late pledge Cat ks or will be possible to get everything from DS KS?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Lanrezac
France
Chatou
Yvelines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tiagomo wrote:
existoid wrote:

Arthur, I missed the CATaclysm ks, but entered the DS KS. Which Cat products will be avaliable for the DS KS?

Thanks.

Easy answer: all of them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.