Garfield Cat
Switzerland
Zurich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

I'm reading the rules and have some questions:

Option 1 - playing a bird. The german rules saying I can choose the column but later it says I have to place the bird in the left most possible spot in the row. I don't understand this mechanism. Do I have to place the action marker in the column and I'm forced to play my bird in that column too? May I place an action marker in the 5th column and than place my bird in the 2nd column?

Where do I place an action marker after option 1?

Refill the bird house. If they all show the same symbol (even 1 dice) you can reroll them. But 1 dice always show the same symbol? I'm confused.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mircea Pauca
Romania
Bucuresti
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. You can choose the ROW (habitat) within the options for that bird.
Inside that row, you MUST place it in the leftmost free column, and also pay the eggs for that column.

2. The action cube for a Play Bird action goes to the left of the row (that shows egg costs), where it's written Play Bird.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garfield Cat
Switzerland
Zurich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Refill the bird house. If they all show the same symbol (even 1 dice) you can reroll them. But 1 dice always show the same symbol? I'm confused.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurent M.
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GarfieldKlon wrote:

Yes, if there is only 1 dice and you need to gain 1 food from the feeder, you can always re-roll. The 'even 1 dice' means even one, as opposite to 'several'.
If there is one (or two, or more) dice(s) with the same symbol and you need to gain 1 food from the feeder, you can re-roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Mountford
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Further clarification on #1 ... I think they ask you to choose the column so that you don't forget any egg costs associate with the column in which you're putting a bird. The more long-winded order would be:

1. Choose a habitat row
2. Place an action cube in the "Play a bird" action row above the left-most open slot in the chosen habitat
3. Pay food costs for the bird, and any egg cost shown under your action cube.
4. Play the bird card
5. Slide your action cube over to the left area that shows completed actions in the form of spent action cubes.

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Ketchum
United States
New Castle
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We're starting to get a LOT of duplicate threads of questions that have already been answered, and it's clogging up the forums. Folks need to begin searching the forums for these answers first, IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bell
United States
Osceola Mills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Life is not a game - games are life.
badge
You learn more about a person in an hour of gaming than you do in a year of conversation.
mbmbmbmbmb
stout_rugger wrote:
We're starting to get a LOT of duplicate threads of questions that have already been answered, and it's clogging up the forums. Folks need to begin searching the forums for these answers first, IMO.

I agree but this is not a new problem by any stretch. 95% of the game forums on this website are guilty of this.

The "problem" is that generally the geeks here are so fast to respond that it is often quicker and easier to just ask again than to search.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Roney
United States
Ladera Ranch
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrCrow wrote:
stout_rugger wrote:

I agree but this is not a new problem by any stretch. 95% of the game forums on this website are guilty of this.

The "problem" is that generally the geeks here are so fast to respond that it is often quicker and easier to just ask again than to search.
Especially when the title of the post gives no clue as to what the question is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garfield Cat
Switzerland
Zurich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sroney wrote:
DrCrow wrote:
stout_rugger wrote:

Especially when the title of the post gives no clue as to what the question is.

Should I open one thread per question?

Maybe there should be a FAQ per game pinned...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.