Subject: House rule - Card flipping on test rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrice Dumas
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just thinking out loud here but i would think that on a test, you could stop flipping cards once you passed a test and not waste any success cards for nothing. The rules states otherwise but i can't see the logic of keeping turning cards.

The game is hard enough as it is.

Anyway,

Just putting it out there.

Pat

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flipping more cards could also result in you flipping blank cards and getting closer to the next success.

The probability that your next test will be success will be the same whether you flip extra cards or not (unless flipping the extra cards results in a reshuffle) but at least by flipping more cards, you are more informed about your odds going forward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
flipping the extra cards could mean if you get all 3 successes you can execute both attack lines. For example hit for 7 instead of 2 or 5. Which does raise an interesting question. Does overkill effect internal metrics of the app?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DePasquale
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Patrakis wrote:
Just thinking out loud here but i would think that on a test, you could stop flipping cards once you passed a test and not waste any success cards for nothing. The rules states otherwise but i can't see the logic of keeping turning cards.

Anyway,

Pat

I'm not gonna tell you how to play You are entitled to a house rule, but there def is a reason to keep turning them for combat but it is also the rule. Effectively you are not really playing the game as you aren't playing as intended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Patrakis wrote:

Anyway,

Pat

How many times have you played that you're ready to question the balancing efforts of the development team? A hundred? Five hundred?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrice Dumas
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:
Patrakis wrote:

Anyway,

Pat

How many times have you played that you're ready to question the balancing efforts of the development team? A hundred? Five hundred?

LOL I'm pretty sure they wont mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrice Dumas
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
MasterDinadan wrote:
Flipping more cards could also result in you flipping blank cards and getting closer to the next success.

The probability that your next test will be success will be the same whether you flip extra cards or not (unless flipping the extra cards results in a reshuffle) but at least by flipping more cards, you are more informed about your odds going forward.

Good points. All in all it must be balancing it all in the end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrice Dumas
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
hepta2502 wrote:
flipping the extra cards could mean if you get all 3 successes you can execute both attack lines. For example hit for 7 instead of 2 or 5. Which does raise an interesting question. Does overkill effect internal metrics of the app?

So far, i haven't seen any indication that it does. I've played the first scenario a dozen different times and i don't see any impact for overkilling a monster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Caccamo
msg tools
If you’re speaking about making the game harder this makes the game harder you are depriving yourself of information that you should get and use to help make your next decision
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.