Llyranor Ilfarath
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Gameplay-wise (for the coop), are the expansions (Artic, Special Projects) worth an extra 50$CDN? Do they greatly enhance the value/replayability of the game? I have an opportunity to get a KS version for that price difference vs the retail, and am not really interested in the KS components, metal coins, etc.

Thoughts? Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Soares
Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my opinion, no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis C
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
+1. They don't add that much. Just a little extra variability. Maybe worth $20 CAD if you really, REALLY like the game. Personally, I haven't used them yet. I probably wouldn't pay for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil C
Wales
North Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The Arctic Expansion makes the game harder, it's way too easy without.
The project tiles add much needed variability.
IMO they are essential to make the game more interesting, however it's a tiny packet of a few sheets of cardboard, and some crappy plastic pieces. No way is it worth that much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hell.
No.

I paid a little extra, but not much. The Artic seems interesting, but haven't played with it yet. The global disaster seems mean, left that in the box. The upgraded tokens aren't worth a penny, and the added cards aren't especially great either (lobbyist cards - several do not have a minor action at all).

The only element I liked, but have yet to play with, are the replacement for the build spots. They have differing awards (good), but I was surprised that you now have to build in them from left to right (which is bad in a two player game). In short, it screws the pooch since it seems to add variety, but ultimately constrains choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Llyranor Ilfarath
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks. Normal retail version it is!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.