Star Trek: Ascendancy» Forums » Rules

Subject: Cardassians and Borg rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Patch
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Do the Cardassians get a culture for a successful "invasion" of a Borg world? I would guess the answer is yes given that Klingons get a culture for destroying a cube, but I'm not sure.

Also, how does annexation protocols work apply invading borg worlds? Does a successful "reclaiming" of the world result in refreshing 2 commands? Or not since you can't place a control node on the planet?

Forgive me if this is posted somewhere else, but I've looked for a while including in the rulebooks and in the Q&A doc with no luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe as you raze the planet from the borg, its a total annihilation result.

Total annihilation doesnt count as a succesful invasion unless the advancement says so.
I do believe you need the mutagenic weapon advancement for this, without it, then you dont get the culture bonus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Patch
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Right, but the klingons gain a culture for destroying a cube even though it's only 1 ship, not 3... It seems like a similar exception would be warranted for the Cardassians. Hopefully gf9 will provide an answer!

It's Annexation Protocols but yeah that could make sense too that you would need that advancement in order to get the culture.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, got my cards mixed up

So yeah, if you have researched annexation protocols, then razing a borg world does count as a succesful invasion and you get to refresh the 2 commands and get your culture bonus.
But without it you dont get the culture bonus.

I dont see a need for a special ruling here as it fits the normal game situations;
Without annexation protocols, As there is no benefit (no gain of intact nodes) from razing a world the cardassians dont get a culture(glory) for it, regardless whether its vs the borg or another faction.
I dont see why it should be different for the borg Compared to other faction systems.

For the klingons, the special ruling is there as the borg cube fights as a 9-dice ship so in size/difficulty it warrants to count as at least 3 ships for their culture bonus. Defeating a cube is a glorious feat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.