Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew N
United States
Rochester
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been wrestling with the idea of how to do a Deadball tournament for a while, but I think I've hit on a good idea. Play by email. Here's how I think it would work. The at-bat player will roll at-bats until the pitcher runs into a situation that would cause him to lose a pitch die, or the half-inning ends. If a situation arises in which the current pitcher would lose a pitch die, the at-bat player would update the pitching player and see if he wants to change pitchers. Continue back and forth, until a complete game is played. I think I would have paired-off players complete a three game series each, we could have each team face each other team for two series for a season.

I've recently made up Deadball versions of all of the teams in the 1915 Federal League, so I would assign players a random one of those eight teams (meaning we could accommodate up to eight players). The quality of the eight teams are pretty close, especially the top five. Teams would include the Chicago Whales, St. Louis Terriers, Pittsburgh Rebels, Kansas City Packers, Newark Peppers, Buffalo Blues, Brooklyn Tip-Tips, and Baltimore Terrapins.

Players would be required to have both Deadball 1909 and Deadball Year II. Team rosters would be provided.

Would anyone be interested in this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.