Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

Dwellings of Eldervale» Forums » General

Subject: Quest for K Puzzles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Ko
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Anyone else doing the puzzles at http://www.dwellingsofeldervale.com/quest.html?

They're deceptively difficult, and a great way to build anticipation for the campaign.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Laurie
United States
Santa Maria
California
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Those puzzles are pretty tough! If anybody needs clues, we can help.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Kirkwood
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Darkness one was very clever! I'm most of the way through the fire one, and have been able to work it from both sides, but am stuck on one of the last words.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ko
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Me too. There are some unconventional word choices in there for sure.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ko
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
LL Games wrote:
Those puzzles are pretty tough! If anybody needs clues, we can help.


That would be great.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
To confirm, the darkness one is Braille?

And Earth's sample East is the letter O, with the fairy representing the dot in the cipher?


Thanks in advance.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Laurie
United States
Santa Maria
California
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes to both
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ko
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
LL Games wrote:
Yes to both


Excellent. Now to power my way through.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
terry chay
United States
California
flag msg tools
mmmkirkwood wrote:
I'm most of the way through the fire one, and have been able to work it from both sides, but am stuck on one of the last words.


I got the answer, but I somehow missed the "jump" between "beneath the waves" and "something you slam."

Spoiler (click to reveal)

The object, I believe is to turn WOOD into FIRE changing one letter each row. The circled letters spell the answer.

For instance, to start you out…

WOOD (first word)
WORD (is "a group of letters")
WOR[E] (means you "had clothes on" and the first letter of the answer is "E").


If people are having issues with getting the answer, I was able to guess it but the stretch between "something your slam" and "a kind of dancing" evaded me (or rather how the words follow the instructions).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ko
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
tychay wrote:
mmmkirkwood wrote:
I'm most of the way through the fire one, and have been able to work it from both sides, but am stuck on one of the last words.


I got the answer, but I somehow missed the "jump" between "beneath the waves" and "something you slam."

Spoiler (click to reveal)

The object, I believe is to turn WOOD into FIRE changing one letter each row. The circled letters spell the answer.

For instance, to start you out…

WOOD (first word)
WORD (is "a group of letters")
WOR[E] (means you "had clothes on" and the first letter of the answer is "E").


If people are having issues with getting the answer, I was able to guess it but the stretch between "something your slam" and "a kind of dancing" evaded me (or rather how the words follow the instructions).


Spoiler (click to reveal)
Beneath the waves is sunk?
Something you slam is dunk?
I can't figure out the kind of dancing
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Forsberg
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kind of dancing
Spoiler (click to reveal)
LINE
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ko
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Nozoki wrote:
Kind of dancing
Spoiler (click to reveal)
LINE


Hm ... I don't know if I ever would've guessed that.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ko
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Which version of Braille? I've tried using the American and Standard English. The first letter is an "I" but the next character doesn't correspond to the alphabets I've seen online.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
terry chay
United States
California
flag msg tools
dkl415 wrote:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Which version of Braille? I've tried using the American and Standard English. The first letter is an "I" but the next character doesn't correspond to the alphabets I've seen online.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
You have it right. In Braille, each column of two is a separate letter but sometimes the right column is not used. The second letter is "B" and the |'s are just to delineate a blank column/word separator when the spacing isn't obvious visually. So it begins… "IB|EA|R…"
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Sua
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have solved the Fire and Darkness puzzles but am very confused about the mechanics of trees and rocks being placed. Do i use three tree stumps to make a U shape when planting trees? Is the rock placement a single V shape to the center? Any tips? Thanks
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
terry chay
United States
California
flag msg tools
killblue2 wrote:
I am very confused about the mechanics of trees and rocks being placed. Do i use three tree stumps to make a U shape when planting trees? Is the rock placement a single V shape to the center? Any tips


Spoiler (click to reveal)
It's a logic problem first, a decode cipher second. Place either trees (borders of a square, not necessarily a U) or stones (always V shapes) plus faeries (dots) in each of the 8 remaining spaces according to the rules provided. When you are done, all 9 spaces will spell the answer according to the pigpen cypher provided. (If you have trouble with the cipher, click on the link, but you might not need that tip.)


Best of luck!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.