9 Posts

Middara» Forums » General

Subject: Question about Gevaudan's IA rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastient Pelc
France
flag msg tools
About the gevaudan's passive ability adrenaline : "Each time the gevaudan is attacked, the gevaudan will counter ..."

Does it mean the gevaudan will only counter when attack misses (normal counter rule) or for every attacks (missed or succedded) ?

"Each time the gevaudan is attacked ==> We are OK, he cannot counter a spell only physical or range attacks.

Thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cinos
United Kingdom
Ely
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We interpreted this to mean that he would always counter, but only under the normal circumstances of an attack that missed or did no damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain Reid
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cinos wrote:
We interpreted this to mean that he would always counter, but only under the normal circumstances of an attack that missed or did no damage.

I think this is correct. There is a unique sword that allows you to counter even if the attack does damage, but this is specifically spelled out. The Gevaudan doesn't say that, so it's normal counter rules.

(It's still pretty tough! Trying to take it down with weak chip attacks is a recipe for pain).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastient Pelc
France
flag msg tools
Thank you, I agree with this !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Moll
United States
Wildomar
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have played that if you attacked it would counter attack if you are within range of it's attack listed. Don't have the game in front of me if this was Reach 2 or just adjacent. From the wording of the card I inferred it would counter the attack no matter if you missed, hit and did no damage, or hit and did damage. The trigger for this counter attack is if you attacked it.

I've had long strings of counters against them until the nerf to cloth armor. To get around their Adrenaline ability you can hit them with ranged attacks, throws, and casting spells. Getting them into a position where they are in is a great way to neutralize their dodge bonus also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nik Degtyarenko
msg tools
Counter requires attack to miss. Adrenalin does not specify anything about changing the rule unlike certain items. IT should be a normal counter unless a mistake was made,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wyrtt wrote:
Counter requires attack to miss. Adrenalin does not specify anything about changing the rule unlike certain items. IT should be a normal counter unless a mistake was made,

we did it as such as well. only if misses it.

if the intention is different it should be clarify by SP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brooklynn Lundberg
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chang_1910 wrote:
Wyrtt wrote:

this is the intention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Moll
United States
Wildomar
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
OGniku wrote:
chang_1910 wrote:
Wyrtt wrote:

this is the intention.

Seems I have been making it harder on myself with it countering everything. Might just keep it countering everything, was always interesting fighting them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.