Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mattias Andersson
Sweden
Växjö
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple of questions regarding the CCFR.

1) Before phase 5 when the CCFR "becomes capitalist", can players buy shares of the CCFR? (I found that they can't be sold, see 8.1.1.)

2a) Can a player that option to loot the CCFR in a later stock round buy back the share that gets placed in the Bank Pool?
2b) Can another player buy the share of the CCFR that got placed in the Bank Pool with the loot option?

3) p20 8.1.8 "If CCFR is frozen the stocks already in the Bank Pool are placed in in the Initial Offers" What happens to the stocks/shares in the Bank Pool if the CCFR is not frozen when capitalization happens?

4) Tokens. The only mention of tokening for the CCFR that I can find in the text is on p19 under 8.1.3. "Until its capitalization CCFR cannot place any tile nor any token north of ..." So I guess the CCFR can place tokens the same way as the other corporations but does not pay for the placement?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michał Szymczyk
Poland
Katowice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1/ No. 8.1.8 - "The CCFR stocks become available for purchase from the subsequent Stock Round" (after capitalization).

2ab / Yes, but as mentioned above - only in Stock Round after capitalization

3/ I guess, they should still be in Bank Pool and get profit to CCFR when paying dividends.

4/ It can place station, paying L.100, but before capitalization it can't be done north of FS route.

5/ Banned player could be CCFR president after capitalization. There are 2 things about "full power of banning" which I can see:
- such player don't get dividend from CCFR (it's only 10%, but still it's money)
- he can't help his other companies with building tracks
- it will be hard to become CCFR president (and after capitalization CCFR will have permanent train)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Berry
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm confused about the track laying for the CCFR. Rule 6.4.5 says that it can lay one tile from each of its starting hexes, and another in a mountain hex. Rule 8.1.3 says that it may lay a tile from one of its starting hexes (it doesn't say "each of its starting hexes"). Which is right?

My guess would be that 6.4.5 is right and that 8.1.3 is just poorly phrased.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Andersson
Sweden
Växjö
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is how we played it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Andersson
Sweden
Växjö
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But the rulebook also says (p13) 6.4.5 "If the two starting cities are connected, it is possible to have also a placement and immediate upgrade of the same hex" which to me sound as the company can place 2+1 tile a turn, one from each city.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Berry
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jumpingjohnflash wrote:
The CCFR can only lay one tile from one from its starting cities.

What is your source for this interpretation, please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john morrison
China
Shenzhen
Guangdong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
CORRECTION: (edited)

Dave Berry, correct rulebook section:

6.4.5 CCFR Corporation:
The CCFR can place a new tile or upgrade, from each of its home cities (Reggio Emilia and Ciano), on tiles south of the FS Parma-Bologna route (hexes: 7-16/19-31-52/55-65-76/77-87). Until its capitalization (see 8.1.8), the CCFR Corporation cannot place any tile north of the FS Parma-Bologna route. It may upgrade the hexes of Reggio Emilia, Modena and Castelfranco. If the two CCFR starting cities are connected it is possible to place a tile and immediately upgrade it in the same hex.
The CCFR may also place a third tile (for free) but only in a mountain or hill hex - that tile is placed last.
After capitalization, the CCFR only places one tile a turn + the free mountain/hill tile.
See the "rules clarifications" post of May 4th
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.