Popular Tags: [View All]
Mattias Andersson
Sweden
Växjö
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Question regarding SARSA

Are the pictures above the text on p21 in any way connected to run value?

Is the run value calculated as the picture shows, hexes adjecent to a SARSA token (A1 and A2 in the picures)?

or is the run value calculated as the text says "[i]the value of each adjacent hex containing a token SARSA"?

If the former, that would mean that the two starting cities (Castelnovo Monti & Sasso) will never add any value to the run value of the SARSA?

If the latter, what do the hexes marked A1 and A2 mean? (Edit: Is it about the placement of the two tokens each OR, and that each token has to be placed from a different starting base?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Berry
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The text doesn't refer to the two diagrams anywhere, as far as I can see. I think they are trying to illustrate that each token can be placed adjacent to any previous token.

I'm pretty sure the income is based on hexes that actually contain markers. This part is stated pretty clearly.

There are some parts of the SARSA section which are really hard to understand. For example, what is meant by the following sentence: "By the moment when the two starting bases are connected, the placement of the tokens can be done obviously in one direction only even allowing to place the second token in a hex which has been made valid, for placement's purposes since the placing of the first token."?

Also, the sentence "During its first turn, SARSA places two tokens equal to the trains class available at the moment" really confused me until I realised the word "two" should be deleted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Andersson
Sweden
Växjö
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If think your example only refers to that you, after the two cities are connected, can daisy chain (I think that is what it is called in eng) the tokens. But that is just my guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Andersson
Sweden
Växjö
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So the rules says that SARSA can place two tokens each OR and that "the placement of a token causes always the payment of the terrain cost." Nothing is said about the cost of the tokens during the companys first OR, when it places the number of tokens depending to the train available, but I guess you pay terrain cost for them too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john morrison
China
Shenzhen
Guangdong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
SARSA always pays for its tokens - even in its initial set-up. See the "rules clarifications" post for May 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.