Hide
6 Posts

Darkest Night (Second edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: During action phase rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julien Skrzynski
msg tools
I'm wondering about the quest "Angry guardian".

It says to discard any item during your action phase. Does that mean that i have to spent my action to complete the quest or can i search, thus finding an item and then complete the quest before the next phase (enf of turn) ?

I really love this game, there is so much variety, i never feel being in the same game over and over again. Well done !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Gundsømagle
flag msg tools
badge
Ahh, you found me... Run!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the complete text of the card in front of me, but if it states "discard during your turn" there's no action required.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quests that require an action have an "Action:" heading at the start of their instructions. Other quests must be done during your action phase but do not require an action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Tungsten
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Related question: Is the Action phase done immediately upon performing any allotted actions, or is it defined as anytime between the Event phase end the End phase? Specifically, can you sacrifice an item the same turn you obtain it via your action(s)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can complete non-action quests after performing your action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Skrzynski
msg tools
Thank you very much, it is clear to me now !

"Gone to calm down that angry guardian !"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.