Hide
2 Posts

5-Minute Dungeon: Curses! Foiled Again!» Forums » General

Subject: Does this increase replayability? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan Witt
msg tools
So, from what I read, after you beat the 5th boss the urge to replay the game drops. does this expansion offer a fix for that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yan Bertrand
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my personal experience:
- the urge to replay came for me in the form of many different players around the table.
- you do get another boss (and one more from the KS bundle if you got that, I believe)
- the curses are very good fun in varying what you get thrown in. I would even say you could mix them after you beat each boss, but they give each boss a special "color". I very much enjoy them in general, and while the base game without the could have felt repetitive (no difference between bosses appart from difficulty and special symbols to produce that can influence you towards a character or another), with the curses there is more flavor. They don't really "match" the theme of the boss, but they are their own thing.

If you are already bored of the game... I don't know. I think this is a game you can't play just once and shelf for the day, but have to play 2-3 times. By the same account, playing it more than 5 times starts burning me on it. For almost a month, my coworkers insisted on playing only this game and, even with the exapansion, it was a bit too much. Still, we've mixed our games now more and I really still enjoy the game a lot. But not like you eat chips.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.