Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Siegfried
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll
Do you plan to use the new Taboo rules?
Yes I do! This will improve overall balance and open up design space.
Yes, but only the Limited rules (even though it’s forbidden).
Yes, but only the Mutated rules (even though it’s forbidden).
Not at all! I don’t need another list of rules to try and memorize.
      200 answers
Poll created by Butaman551

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kritikos
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
:)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would vote an option like "Not right now but I plan to reevaluate in the future"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Not for now. I may, later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler G
United States
Kentwood
MI
flag msg tools
mb
I'll choose option 5, which is that while I enjoy the Taboo List and its possibilities, I don't play often enough and with experienced enough players to implement it, and I already tend to play in the spirit of ignoring the more OP cards. To me it's much more enjoyable building a thematic and "fluffy" deck than just throwing the best cards together.

My players don't follow forums or the metagame about AHLCG anyway, so are unlikely to begin throwing around Key of Ys and Rex + Higher Education. Although if I notice a trend that direction I have no hesitation implementing these rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The "Return to.." boxes are already designed to hold 20+ new player cards. FFG should simply release the revised versions of these new "limited/mutated" cards in Return to Carcosa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the 'no' is too disparaging in my opinion. I see the value of the 'taboo' list, but I really don't feel like it is worth using with my group. None of us are overly driven enough to handicap ourselves. We often play on easy/standard, and we really are pretty happy with that. The game is still challenging most of the time, and we seldom get the 'best' resolutions. Usually because of the last couple of scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris E
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kostascb wrote:
I would vote an option like "Not right now but I plan to reevaluate in the future"

This is me. I don't have all cycles yet, and I'm still a newbie at the basic rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Sylvester
United States
Suwanee
GA
flag msg tools
mb
"No, but once I get over my fear of change, probably yes".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Sylvester
United States
Suwanee
GA
flag msg tools
mb
baba44713 wrote:
The "Return to.." boxes are already designed to hold 20+ new player cards. FFG should simply release the revised versions of these new "limited/mutated" cards in Return to Carcosa.

This seems to be intended to be a living/changing list as the card pool changes. I doubt they'd do a print like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about 'Not at all' because there are already a ton of ways to adjust difficulty to taste and its already hard enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MostlyHarmlesss wrote:
baba44713 wrote:

This seems to be intended to be a living/changing list as the card pool changes. I doubt they'd do a print like that.

It's a living card game, too. It says so on the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
manthos gousiaris
msg tools
mb
My answer is "No". I only play on Standard and the game is already difficult enough. I don't want to increase the difficulty of the game any further.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Godfrey
France
Lissac
flag msg tools
badge
Never fear, Doc Savage is here!!
mbmbmbmbmb
No, brings nothing to the game other than making good cards less accessible. Game is tough enough as it is without introducing "official" house rulings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Sylvester
United States
Suwanee
GA
flag msg tools
mb
baba44713 wrote:
MostlyHarmlesss wrote:
baba44713 wrote:

Yes, which doesn't mean they can will nilly print cards . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon H
United States
Orion Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, but not because of memorization. I'm just not an awesome enough player to need to make it harder. I rarely get Higher Ed active. I think I've only played Hard one time. Besides, I already enjoy building around underdog cards, I don't need to be forced out of Key of Ys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Harris
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They should do a POD of the eratta'd cards. I'm not about to go and look a restricted list every time I play to make sure we are playing "correctly".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
enrico fra
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, the game is good as it is, and challenging enough for me without adding more restrictions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MostlyHarmlesss wrote:
baba44713 wrote:
MostlyHarmlesss wrote:
baba44713 wrote:

It means they don't have to, because the cards you already own are alive.

Declare your intent to use Taboo, wait 48 hours, and then check your cards again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Sylvester
United States
Suwanee
GA
flag msg tools
mb
Esgaldil wrote:
MostlyHarmlesss wrote:
baba44713 wrote:
MostlyHarmlesss wrote:
baba44713 wrote:

It means they don't have to, because the cards you already own are alive.

Declare your intent to use Taboo, wait 48 hours, and then check your cards again.

You say this like it doesn't work already- have you tried it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fraenrico wrote:
No, the game is good as it is, and challenging enough for me without adding more restrictions.

I don't think the point is adding more restrictions, but adding more variety.

Machette is insta-include in almost every Guardian deck. This means you will always compare any weapon with a Machetter, and that many weapons will fail that test and not get included. If Machette becomes an upgrade weapon, you will be more inclined to experiment a bit and in turn enrich the gameplay experience.

Also, I definitely applaud the Key of Ys change. This card is now banned in our games because it's so awesome and the player who buys it makes the game less fun for everyone. But if it now costs 10XP, then the player who wants it needs to revolve his entire build around getting it eventually, and sacrifice a lot in the process. So this change actually makes the game easier for our group, and is pretty much the one we will definitely strongly consider.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that the poll is sort of loaded. Probably should have just been a Yes or No without making assumptions on the motivation.

I voted no since I never felt the game needed a fix in this regards, but I know some people definitely did want this so I like that it's optional. My reason isn't not wanting to memorize (though card errata is always going to be a barrier of entry for more casual players). My reason is the game was already sufficiently hard. This will make it harder and restrict some fun plays that you use to be able to do like bounce a Typewriter with Sleight of Hand (which felt really good). In particular it greatly lowers the power of low level Rogues and I don't know how I feel about that. They should be high variance, big moment type decks so I didn't have any problem with cards like Elusive being level 0 or Streetwise being 3xp. The Switch Blade change makes it's value very suspect now. It was already a card I didn't slot into alot of decks. I actively dislike the Sleight change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kill Bray
msg tools
I voted "no", but not for the reason listed on the poll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Sylvester
United States
Suwanee
GA
flag msg tools
mb
baba44713 wrote:
Machette is insta-include in almost every Guardian deck.

Eh, Machete is a secondary weapon in almost every deck I put it in. It's fine, but it isn't game breaking.

I'll never spend XP on it.

One criticism I have with this list is making a starter weapon unusable at the start of a campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Driss
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MostlyHarmlesss wrote:
baba44713 wrote:
Machette is insta-include in almost every Guardian deck.

Eh, Machete is a secondary weapon in almost every deck I put it in. It's fine, but it isn't game breaking.

I'll never spend XP on it.

One criticism I have with this list is making a starter weapon unusable at the start of a campaign.

This.
Machete is not a powerful upgrade, it's a powerful starter weapon. Giving it an xp cost doesn't address the issues with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.