Subject: Box insert rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rustan Håkansson
Sweden
Norrköping
flag msg tools
designer
bgdev.club is really a site address, no www or .com needed :)
badge
Rise and fall of Anvalor, designed by me!
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my copy of the game today, looks great! It weighs in at a hefty 3.8 kg... I saw a pre-production copy at Nürnberg in January, which was mostly the same (dice were not the right colours etc) but it is always different to have the real thing in my hands.

The insert is a bit different than in most games. It is thin, and helps to make sure nothing moves around in shipping. Once you have punched the tiles the insert will make sure nothing moves around, by storing tiles upright in the slots of the insert and placing the board on top, secured against the lid. WizKids made an overview that should help with understanding how to do it:

I had a lot of trouble trying to understand how it would work when they first came up with the idea. Normal box inserts just did not work, as there are so many tiles in the box that it is full when shipped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian Steins
Switzerland
Effretikon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I treated myself (and our gaming store) with a copy of Rise&Fall yesterday. Didn't get all rules right at first but our 4p game was a blast! Looking forward to play it again!
And this picture of how to sort things really came in handy! Thanks for that.
Will try a review for this game soon, I think it needs more attention.

Edit: ... and after doing proper research I know now why this gives me a kind of Neuroshima Hex feeling ... Thanks for this game Rustan!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.