Doremus Jessup
msg tools
mb
A few weeks ago there was this incident at the border.

Quote:
Mexican soldiers confronted U.S. troops in part of Texas where the border isn't clear

While on patrol in a remote area near Clint, Texas, earlier this month, two U.S. troops were confronted by Mexican soldiers, who thought the service members had crossed the southern border and were in Mexico, U.S. officials said Tuesday.

The troops were stationed at the border as part of President Trump's plan to stop undocumented migrants from crossing into the United States. In a statement, U.S. Northern Command told The Associated Press that the incident occurred on April 13, taking place on a piece of U.S. territory south of the border wall but north of the actual border. Newsweek reports that the U.S. troops were in an unmarked car when Mexican soldiers approached them. They were searched, and one of the Americans reportedly had his gun removed from his hip and thrown inside the car.

Northern Command told AP there was a "brief discussion" between the soldiers, and then the Mexican troops left. "The U.S. soldiers immediately contacted [U.S. Customs and Border Enforcement], who responded quickly," Northern Command said in a statement. "Throughout the incident, the U.S. soldiers followed all established procedures and protocols." An investigation is now underway. Catherine Garcia

https://theweek.com/speedreads/837186/mexican-soldiers-confr...

And the reaction 10+ days later (one hour ago to be precise)

Nothing like ratcheting up tensions at a border crisis that he created. Remembering that a lot of the folks who restrained him in the past (Kelly, Nielsen, etc) are gone now fills one with dread

He is threatened Mexican soldiers at the border. It really does not get much more batshit crazy than this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Ross
United States
Charlotte
NC
flag msg tools
badge
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
mbmbmbmbmb
Doremus wrote:
A few weeks ago there was this incident at the border.

Quote:
Mexican soldiers confronted U.S. troops in part of Texas where the border isn't clear

While on patrol in a remote area near Clint, Texas, earlier this month, two U.S. troops were confronted by Mexican soldiers, who thought the service members had crossed the southern border and were in Mexico, U.S. officials said Tuesday.

The troops were stationed at the border as part of President Trump's plan to stop undocumented migrants from crossing into the United States. In a statement, U.S. Northern Command told The Associated Press that the incident occurred on April 13, taking place on a piece of U.S. territory south of the border wall but north of the actual border. Newsweek reports that the U.S. troops were in an unmarked car when Mexican soldiers approached them. They were searched, and one of the Americans reportedly had his gun removed from his hip and thrown inside the car.

Northern Command told AP there was a "brief discussion" between the soldiers, and then the Mexican troops left. "The U.S. soldiers immediately contacted [U.S. Customs and Border Enforcement], who responded quickly," Northern Command said in a statement. "Throughout the incident, the U.S. soldiers followed all established procedures and protocols." An investigation is now underway. Catherine Garcia

https://theweek.com/speedreads/837186/mexican-soldiers-confr...

And the reaction 10+ days later (one hour ago to be precise)

Nothing like ratcheting up tensions at a border crisis that he created. Remembering that a lot of the folks who restrained him in the past (Kelly, Nielsen, etc) are gone now fills one with dread

He is threatened Mexican soldiers at the border. It really does not get much more batshit crazy than this

I predict he's willing to go to war with Mexico in order to turn the page on the Mueller report.

I wish I was kidding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2017/09/09/former_me...

He'd do a better job than Trump!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Poole
msg tools
Is he implying that the national guard soldiers at the border already were unarmed?

Maybe, but he's a senile imbecile and dunking on him is too easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Myers
United States
Redmond
WA
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
abadolato01 wrote:

damn, that's spot on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abadolato01 wrote:

Can you even fathom W. Bush or Obama flippantly threatening Mexico?

If Trump starts a war, blood will be on Republicomplicity Party's hands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Kahrl
United States
Unionville
Nutmegistan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blood is already on the Republican Party's hands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Terwox wrote:
abadolato01 wrote:

damn, that's spot on.

And just think, that's the best possible outcome of this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
Far more likely that Trump will force a confrontation with Iran over Mexico....
shake

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
If this resembled anything like an actual presidency, this would be troubling.

But Trump spews so much bullshit, it's difficult to take anything he says seriously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
If this resembled anything like an actual presidency, this would be troubling.

But Trump spews so much bullshit, it's difficult to take anything he says seriously.

You don't get it then, the bolded IS the troubling part.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
A not too dissimilar incident that got out of control is quite literally what I was taught in school started the Mexican-American war.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doremus Jessup
msg tools
mb
I have a feeling this is what triggered His Orange Majesty. He was probably notified about it earlier (and paid no attention) but once it gets on Fox News, well that's a different thing altogether. From a couple of days ago. A remarkably similar phrase in his story.

Quote:
Former acting Immigration and Customs Enforcement Director Tom Homan said armed Mexican soldiers crossing the U.S. southern border is nothing new, on “Fox & Friends” Monday.

Homan was responding to a story about several Mexican troops drawing their weapons on two American soldiers, while on the U.S. side of the border earlier this month. Five to six Mexican troops pointed rifles at the two Americans, and forced them to disarm.

“I read this story and it looks like they were outnumbered. It looks like the Mexican officials did draw their weapons on them and one of the U.S. Soldiers actually surrendered a firearm to the Mexican soldier,” he said.

Homan said he ran into a similar situation in 1985 while working with Border Patrol and ended up arresting the soldiers in question. (RELATED: Former ICE Director Tom Homan Makes The Case For Trump’s Sanctuary City Plan)

“I wasn’t there. I’m not going to judge them. Back in my day, I was talking to a producer. Back in 1985, I was a young border patrol agent probably a year in, when we got a call from dispatch saying that a rancher reported a group of what appeared to be soldiers on his property. So of course we responded.”

“When we showed up there was probably eight to 10 of them and a couple units of like three of us, maybe four. [We] quickly realized they were Mexican soldiers. Because on the way there, you’ve got to understand … are there actually Mexican soldiers that are lost? Are there Mexican soldiers that are acting as a security detail for a drug smuggling operation, which happens. Or are these just drug smugglers dressed in fatigues. We didn’t know on the way there, but once we got there we quickly recognized Mexican soldiers. And we arrested them. We disarmed them, we arrested them. We took them back to our station. We processed them for entering the country illegally and we returned them to a point of entry to their commander.”

https://dailycaller.com/2019/04/22/tom-homan-mexican-soldier...

So basically The Donald wants to move troops based on an interview with this bald fascist who is obviously auditioning for the DHS job. (As one remembers Homan wanted to arrest elected officials who stood on their constitutional rights as far as sanctuary cities were concerned)

I have a feeling we now have a front runner for the job
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
A not too dissimilar incident that got out of control is quite literally what I was taught in school started the Mexican-American war.

Polk wanted California, and Santa Ana was spoiling for a fight as well. The war was going to start regardless.

I think Polk was more at fault. I can't remember exactly what they told me at school. Social Studies was first period, and I was late to class too often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.