Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Designer of Tournament Fishing
mbmbmbmbmb
I just read through the (WIP) Rulebook on the KS and here are my thoughts:

1.) On page 8-9, "Chapter" is misspelled in the top header.

2.) For movement on page 12, the language is inconsistent. it says "When a player uses a card to move..." I think it should say "When a player discards a card to move..." It seems like to perform any action besides an attack, a card is discarded from your hand.

3.) I really love what I read on the mechanics. I love how your deck starts at 12 cards and remains at 12 cards as you progress. I love how the 3 cards you have in your hand double as action tokens. Not only is a hand of 3 cards super easy to manage (unlike Gloomhaven's 9-12 card opening hands), knowing that each card can be discarded to perform several other functions is very cool.

4.) More thoughts later....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was hesitant to back this one actually, until I looked at the rulebook. Not because I needed so much to see gameplay, but to see if it would be an easy enough game with easy to understand ruleset and examples etc.... I grabbed an early bird right after. Was a moderate fan of the game, not huge, but enjoyed it and dont mind giving this one a try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Mahler
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here. Huge fan of Dark/Demon Souls. Only a moderate fan of Bloodborne.

But the rules are simple and the gameplay looks like a Gloomhaven lite. It’s more of a euro than the Dark Souls Board Game and so I’m all in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Liolio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You should post your thoughts in my feedback thread. I'm hoping if we get enough thoughts together it'll be worth CMON taking a look and seeing a lot of thoughts in one place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Brecailo
Brazil
Brasília
Federal District
flag msg tools
tyk567 wrote:
looks like a Gloomhaven lite.

That's exactly what I'm concerned. My group just purchased Gloomhaven and we're about to start a campaign. We WILL NOT end it before Bloodborne is distributed, and even after that, I'm afraid people won't enjoy it so much after several hours of Gloomhaven play.

I backed the game, but I'm considering cancelling my pledge, specially when it will cost a fortune to have it shipped to Brazil .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Mahler
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like it’s going to play very well solo and so you don’t need a group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Schwarz
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tyk567 wrote:
It looks like it’s going to play very well solo and so you don’t need a group.

That's what I'm hoping!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.